Best Gaming Mouse Pad

I prefer hard pads (some like cloth). I like the razer exactmat and ratpadz. The exactmat is nice because it has a metal layer so it won't curl up on you over time.

... Ratpadz GS/XT! :cool:

Never used them but only briefly. However, if you want to support [H]ard|OCP you gotta get one. I have a gs laying around.

My current use and have been for 4 years now is my QcK+ Steel mega clothpad. This thing is 17.7" x 15.7" It's pretty much been the perfect pad for me as i'm a low to extremely low sens player. (Habit picked up from UT2004 of all games)

i dont like the Ratpadz at all I own the XT and the GS. I got myself a QcK+ Steel mega clothpad I love it.

If you go with the Ratpadz please do yourself a favor and spend the extra on the XT. The GS is a lot flimsier/thinner and wears down significantly faster. The XT is the complete opposite and worth the extra dough.

Support [H]! :D

If you go with the Ratpadz please do yourself a favor and spend the extra on the XT. The GS is a lot flimsier/thinner and wears down significantly faster. The XT is the complete opposite and worth the extra dough.

Where do these sycophants come from? Buy a mousepad based on its merits, not based on who makes it. You're much better off with a funcpad, Steelseries or Razer pad.

steelpad, I like the cloths better, they don't eat up your mouse feet.

Depends on if you like cloth or plastic pads. I like the Steelseries QcK (cloth) and Steelseries 4HD (plastic).

WTF is a "gaming" mouse pad, other then clever marketing aimed at suckers?

I just a XtracPads Ripper XXL because its huge, that is all. ;)

Where do these sycophants come from? Buy a mousepad based on its merits, not based on who makes it. You're much better off with a funcpad, Steelseries or Razer pad.

Some people like the thick "cutting board" mousepads. They are not my thing, I much prefer Steelseries cloth or Func/SS plastic pads, but if you like cutting board pads then you should go for it.

As far as I know, nobody else really makes cutting-board mousepads anymore, so its one more reason to go with the RatPadz if that's what you like. "Best gaming mousepad" is a weird question given that it is such a personal ergonomic preference and type-of-game thing.

fuck off, supporting hard has a ton of merit in and of itself. the fact that the mousepad itself completely kicks ass is icing on the cake.

I vote for the Icemat even if it is a bit noisier than regular pads. Hard to find nowadays though but Steelseries has "newer" versions of it

And? Something wrong with purchasing something to support the very forum we all hang out on? Not to mention it is also an amazing mouse pad unless you prefer a flatter cloth pad? The XT isn't even that thick. :rolleyes:

Ratpadz XT. It's just an awesome pad. I also have a Func 1030 but it pales in comparison.

Nothing but the truth! I had a GS and I was constantly picking plastic "residue" off the bottom of my mouse! A soft "hard" mousepad just doesn't work for me. Could be my mouse, but all I know is it was slowly wearing out, literally.

Last mousemat I loved was the icemat, but that was when I had too much money to spend and nothing sensible on which to spend it. Just been sticking with super cheap cloth mousemats. Don't like the scummy way they wear in or their surface compared to the icemat, but there's no chance I'm shelling out £25+ for a mousemat with loads of tacky branding and styling plastered all over it.

If someone made a really slim, hard, normal-sized mousemat which wasn't covered in all sorts of gay progamer styling I'd splash out on it. Don't like branding.

I've had the smaller Rat Pad for many years now. It is worn down but it still works well for me.

I love my ratpadz XT, my wife has a func 1030, I don't like it, but then again, she doesn't like my XT. There are a lot of good pads out there, but everyone has different tastes.

btw I use pledge on my xt every couple of weeks, and it keeps it nice and slick.

I've tried the old cheapo cloth pads from the 90's, a 3m Mousing surface (great for ball mice, but lots of friction), 3 dollar Allsop soft cloth pad, Ratpadz original, Xtrac Pro-HS, and a "WoW pad" (nothing to do with world of warcraft). I've finally settled on the allsop cloth mousepad as being tops. I haven't tried the high end cloth mousepads, but I expect they will be perfect for me. Also want to try out a C4 Ngen pad, which will probably be the last non-cloth mousepad I'll ever try out.

The WoW pad was the slickest and best wearing plastic mousepad I've ever used, but the combination of noise and every little grain of dust making the surface feel rough was unpleasant, and I prefer the greater control of a cloth pad over the plastic ones.

The original ratpadz was great when it was new, but very noisy, my logitec dual optical at the time had issues tracking on it, and after a year or so it started to warp beyond reasonable expectations. I now use it as a hobby cutting board.

The 3m was nice for ball mice but had too much friction and eventually the center of it stretched and got all wrinkly, worked better once I glued it to a hardboard backing.

The old 80's style cloth mousepads... well they suck, but I'd still use them rather than a bare desktop or oem/budget plastic pad

The less said about the Xtrac-Pro HS the better, it was a piece of garbage, and I'm sorry I ever spent money on it.

Free mousepad I found in the bottom of some box in my house. Left over from when my dad worked with Netscape back in the 90's. It's about 6" by 6" - definitely too small for most gaming needs. But meh.

steelseries 5L, i only got rid of it because i split water on it a lil 2 many times

Really? Have you ever used a Ratpadz? I have a Ratpadz XT and its by far the most superior mousepad ive ever owned. Every other one pales in comparison.

Really? Have you ever used a Ratpadz? I have a Ratpadz XT and its by far the most superior mousepad ive ever owned. Every other one pales in comparison.

I love my XT. The only issue I have is that it's a bit rough on my G9x's mouse feet. :(

razer destructor. Tracking is immensely better for pretty much all of the mice I have ever owned. Plus its huge.

found a pretty nice mousepad at office depot for $10. its plastic about 10x10 and cost me $10. i think they sell it on their website too. i like it just as much as i like my razer Sphex, which was awesome until the sticky wore off after a month or so. i would only take it off to clean my desk, kinda dissapointing since the only reason i bought it was because it said it was removable and replaceable, had to use double sided tape for a while.

I don't understand the need for large mousepads. I dont move my mouse more than 2" in any direction ever.

Back