Best gaming mouse needed for FPS gaming

NIZMOZ

2[H]4U
I currently have a Razer Deathadder 2013 model. I use to have Logitech MX series, but got sick of the cords always going bad or the build quality issues. I am open to try them again though. The razer has been great, but I know there are better mice out there. With the shape of these two which are very comfortable in my hands, what is the best gaming mouse for FPS gaming for today?

Budget of no concern.

Thanks!

I recently picked up the Logitech g602. I've had a g700, g700s and this one as far as logitech goes. I've had the m60, m65 and m95 from Corsair also.

All comes down to preference. What's best has less to do with DPI and buttons and more to do with size and fitment to your hand.

Yeah, and that is why I like the MX and Razer Deathadder is the shape and size fits my large hands well. I just bought a Corsair K70 keyboard and love it. But I am not impressed with Razers customer service when I had a keyboard issue it took 1 month to get it replaced because they are so slow on responding to emails.

I actually have the G602 Wireless, and could not get use to it in gaming for some reason. It maybe due to it being wireless. I played way worse with it., It is a nice mouse though. I dedicated it to my laptop for now.

I really like my G403, which fits well in my hands. Try to find something with a PWM3360/3366 or 3310 sensor, and then after that it comes down to ergonomics and weight preference.

what grip do you use? I recently picked up fingertip and claw grip and the G303 has been a dream for me. some gamers out there prefer the Zowie FK series, some like deathadders, some are even (very) good with the G100S. Depends on what you want. also what mousepad?

The steelseries Rival 700. Just got it and its great. I love the weight of it. Using the hardpad steelseries mousepad.

The steelseries Rival 700. Just got it and its great. I love the weight of it. Using the hardpad steelseries mousepad.

A friend recommended that one to me, but I could not find hardly any reviews on it compared to others. I also am not sure if the shape will work with my hands. So with that, I went ahead and ordered the G900 from Logitech. We will see how that works. The shape compared to the Deathadder and G602, and MX series is very similar, so it should fit my hand nicely. Plus it's the fastest mouse in the market today.

You probably should've tried the G403 wireless version instead of the G900 as the other two mice you listed were both Ergo and not ambi shapes. If you want to go wireless for gaming at the moment those are the two I'd try due to low latency design .

I've compared the G403 and G900 and they have the same sensor and the G900 is a better mouse overall and slightly bigger in size. There was a video that actually compared its size to the mice I own, and it was identical to the size where the G403 was a bit smaller.

I'll likely take some **** for posting this, but I love the madcatz RAT series.

Im using a Rat7 (I'm a casual gamer) and really like it. They dont make them anymore, they are up to the Rat8 and Rat X

Madcatz does get dumped on for quality control over time. People say that the optical sensor craps out eventually. This I can vouch for, since I'm on my 2nd RAT now. I liked it so much I bought another one even though the first one's sensor died

http://www.madcatz.com/gamechanging/rat8.php

Intellimouse explorer 3.0, a classic never dies

Pair it with a steel series qck plus mousepad

Reactions: SoFGR
like this
I'll likely take some **** for posting this, but I love the madcatz RAT series.

Im using a Rat7 (I'm a casual gamer) and really like it. They dont make them anymore, they are up to the Rat8 and Rat X

Madcatz does get dumped on for quality control over time. People say that the optical sensor craps out eventually. This I can vouch for, since I'm on my 2nd RAT now. I liked it so much I bought another one even though the first one's sensor died

http://www.madcatz.com/gamechanging/rat8.php

My R.A.T.7. is still going strong. I had two of the M.M.O.7 mice and they were piece of shit. Both of them physically had buttons break and fall out within months of purchase. I've since moved onto the G602 because its wireless but I still like the ergonomics of the R.A.T.7. I normally use it on my test bench on the review systems.

Zowie FK2 is godlike. I've had it for a while now and I totally love it. I got it because of my flatmate who is really into CS:GO. He got it when he got more into it a few years ago and he's global now. Anyway, it has lived through tons of abuse and still works like a charm. He did change the mouse feet once tho but that's normal when you use a mouse so much. It's also the mouse a lot of other pro CS:GO players use. You can read a bit more about it here. I'm sure you'll love it.

I got drunk one night and found out the next morning I pre ordered (Ie pledged) one of these:

Kinda looking forward to it actually.

It has some advanced stuff like tilt / rotate / and even lift that I'll never use, but I do think its finally time to have 4 x buttons easily accessible (it has the usual 2 x normal buttons but then a small button towards the bottom of both main buttons).

Seemed like time a mouse finally made 4 x buttons you can use easily with just your normal clicking finger.

I'll report back if it ever ships!!

I've had a Logitech G9 for years and just got a Corsair M65 Pro RGB for Christmas.

It is the closest to the same shape as the G9 as I have seen and so far seems to be a really nice mouse.

It even has a thumb button to momentarily lower DPI for precision aiming.

Personally I really like DM1 PRO S. I got some awesome responses about this mouse how it works. The shape, the weight and of course sensor (Pixart 3360) and that's why I bought it. For me it's 5/5.

Personally I really like DM1 PRO S. I got some awesome responses about this mouse how it works. The shape, the weight and of course sensor (Pixart 3360) and that's why I bought it. For me it's 5/5.

A bit necro. Nevertheless, I've been using my MX518 for 6 years now. I have small hands though so it's not perfect. So small in fact that I can't reach the forward side button :D

A bit necro. Nevertheless, I've been using my MX518 for 6 years now. I have small hands though so it's not perfect. So small in fact that I can't reach the forward side button :D
Wow 6 years. Man that's impressive :)

I had my SS Sensei for 2,5 year and I decide time for change.

Wow 6 years. Man that's impressive :)

I had my SS Sensei for 2,5 year and I decide time for change.

It's not that ripe. I keep seeing guys mentioning their own MX518 - the first revision.
I have the later version, with the higher DPI.
One thing I liked was being able to hack USB polling to 500Hz and it felt much better. I got a very high score at UrbanTerror skeet shooting tournaments.
I didn't know I'm lacking in the hand department so badly, though. I played a lot of Urban Terror and basically after a year the whole casing became deformed (to the point where the left click plastic would "stick" for a split second) from gripping it wrong. I thought that was the end, but luckily the plastic finally gave in and it doesn't cause any grief.

Your Sensei looks wrong for my hands, too. I mean the 'hump' in the center.
There's a similar shape on the MX518 and while it provides a firm grip, the fingers wouldn't reach the macro buttons. I'm a short fat dude.

I really like "flat" mice. Sort of like Microsoft's Intellimouse Explorer 3.

I recently bought the G900 from Logitech. I won't lie it's expensive but very worth it, it offers great features for FPS games. Like someone mentioned above, you can switch the DPI in-game for a better accuracy.

Here is an article I found pretty good about fps mouses, it helped me buy my G900, https://exposegaming.com/best-fps-gaming-mouse-2017/

I hope it helps you like it helped me!

Back