Best gaming laptop

Pivo504

2[H]4U
Currently cane across this: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-r...cie-4-0-ssd-off-black/6494637.p?skuId=6494637

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-r...07gFnO3IYFxE0NE5cOUaAu8-EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-sw...ssd-16gb-memory-white/6511433.p?skuId=6511433

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/alienw...dark-side-of-the-moon/6510330.p?skuId=6510330
Also the alien ware bc it can output to hdmi 2.1. Planning to get the LG c2 TV for when I'm not on the go.
Is this the best for the price?
Thinking amd might be better for less heat?
Also the Alienware everywhere else is at 2099...

Last edited:
I am using an MSI raider GE76 for work primarily it has a 12900HK, 32GB of ram and a 3070ti. For editing 4K video and some occasional gaming (from a Samsung T7) it has been great, i really have no complaints. for lower demand titles I have the 360Hz display and its a joy. I've had it almost a year, and based on the supply chain shortages, etc. this was the best bang for the buck I was able to get locally in a reasonable amount of time. No regrets from me!

I am using an MSI raider GE76 for work primarily it has a 12900HK, 32GB of ram and a 3070ti. For editing 4K video and some occasional gaming (from a Samsung T7) it has been great, i really have no complaints. for lower demand titles I have the 360Hz display and its a joy. I've had it almost a year, and based on the supply chain shortages, etc. this was the best bang for the buck I was able to get locally in a reasonable amount of time. No regrets from me!
Hehe nice that's likely overkill for me though lol. I'm looking for something in the 1500 tops range

Hehe nice that's likely overkill for me though lol. I'm looking for something in the 1500 tops range
Totally understandable! If any type of video encoding is on the table for you, some type of nvidia gpu will be a huge benefit to you on my opinion.

That's a beast of a gaming laptop for "work" 😂
But the Nvidia encoding makes sense. Also you're likely a secret hardcore gamer when no one is looking I bet haha

Haha, to give you some perspective I was doing video editing on a MS surface pro 7... my boss came into my office one day and asked why I was rolling a can of ice cold Pepsi on the back of the Surface near the end of the day and I told him this makes the difference between me being done at the end of the day vs. incurring OT.... needless to say we went shopping shortly after that! I do house my Activision blizzard games on my Samsung T7 and have let it stretch it's legs a few times on this system, but I do primarily use it as a work PC. On a side note, I just brought in some Carbon X1's into the office and they are potent machines with the 1260P but they still cant hold a torch to this thing... what used to take me 40 min ( using the Pepsi can to reduce thermal throttling) now takes me 2-3 min and rework is a breeze!

Haha, to give you some perspective I was doing video editing on a MS surface pro 7... my boss came into my office one day and asked why I was rolling a can of ice cold Pepsi on the back of the Surface near the end of the day and I told him this makes the difference between me being done at the end of the day vs. incurring OT.... needless to say we went shopping shortly after that! I do house my Activision blizzard games on my Samsung T7 and have let it stretch it's legs a few times on this system, but I do primarily use it as a work PC. On a side note, I just brought in some Carbon X1's into the office and they are potent machines with the 1260P but they still cant hold a torch to this thing... what used to take me 40 min ( using the Pepsi can to reduce thermal throttling) now takes me 2-3 min and rework is a breeze!
Laptop fan on the bottom blowing up? Or custom mod some vents to force feed more air into it?

There is no "best" only a matter of which products and features you value most. I've had great customer service from Dell. Not so great build quality with Alienware. Great experience with Lenovo Thinkpads although I've never loved one. I think the Lenovo Legion laptops are still near the top for all around performance and quality so can't go wrong with one of those. Find a screen size you like and start from there!

Laptop fan on the bottom blowing up? Or custom mod some vents to force feed more air into it?
Some for of additional airflow would have helped but at the end of the day offloading the encoding to the 3070ti just gets it done!

Back