Best gaming laptop under 800?

tannjj

n00b
So unfortunately my last laptop just recently fried and I've decided to try to upgrade. I was curious as to what you guys would recommend for under 800 bucks. I dont need anything to intense but im trying to get the best bang for my buck. Im most be playing Cs:Go, Day Z(Arma 3), and maybe a little WoW. I built a desktop about a year or two ago that has done me well, but i find that im traveling so much id like to be able to play wherever i go. So far the most appealing has been an Acer Aspire V3 i5. Good video card and processor for the money and i could upgrade the HD and grab some more RAM.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314004

Great reviews from Newegg customers but Ive heard some not so great things about Acer in general. I leave my laptops on for long periods of time (hence why my last laptop broke) and am wondering what your thoughts are on the durability of Acer.

I was also thinking about trying to get a good deal on a Y500 sli from the lenovo outlet but have only heard bad things about getting what you actually paid for.. any other suggestions? Thanks in advanced!

Not a good buy I would say, there are already i7 Haswell laptops out there with the GT 750M for around $720, IIRC.

If build quality is a concern maybe you could find a deal on a clearanced Ivy Bridge MSI GE60 or GE70 with haswell coming out? Usually hear positive stuff about MSI.
GX60 or GX70 if you like AMD.

The Y500/Y510p is just the best deal when you're looking for a 1080p screen and the cpu/gpu power to game on it. You can't have it all, and the Y5xx gives up a little in build quality/durability. Lenovo makes some really well built laptops...Thinkpads don't come with 750m SLI though.

Maybe check out the FS/FT forum as well? Always see a few gaming laptops in there. Just try to stay with something fairly recent, power consumption (and the commensurate heat production) has been coming down a lot the last couple generations.

Back