Best Gaming Laptop around $800

Mikerocks2112

Limp Gawd
What would you guys recommend for a gaming laptop around $800? Tigerdirect is offering 15% CB so if the recommendation could be from there that would be great :)

HP dv6t > customize > select HD5650 switchable graphics

HP DV6T Series

comes out to $799

of course there are the pros and cons (low resolution, upper midrange graphics) of going such a route.
its no monster gaming laptop, but gets the job done @ around $800
and plus, HP makes great laptops.

if you want a crazy gaming laptop though, you might want to try and increase your budget. there are some good laptops out there with Mobility 5850 or higher in them and nice resolutions of at least 1600x900 @ 15.6in. but they all come at a cost ._.

you can help us narrow your choices down, are you looking for a specific screen size or any other key things you want?

HP dv6t > customize > select HD5650 switchable graphics

HP DV6T Series

comes out to $799

of course there are the pros and cons (low resolution, upper midrange graphics) of going such a route.
its no monster gaming laptop, but gets the job done @ around $800
and plus, HP makes great laptops.

if you want a crazy gaming laptop though, you might want to try and increase your budget. there are some good laptops out there with Mobility 5850 or higher in them and nice resolutions of at least 1600x900 @ 15.6in. but they all come at a cost ._.

you can help us narrow your choices down, are you looking for a specific screen size or any other key things you want?

I ended up customizing it for $900. Seems like the a lot of computer for the price. I think the lower native resolution would actually be beneficial since the graphics card wouldn't have to work as hard. I could just plug in an external monitor if I want to access higher resolutions.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Back