Best game we've never played?

Dark Sun

I never hear anyone mention that game ever. Game was so freaking good. Wish they would bring back the series

I came out of what has to probobly be at least a six year lurk to rep this post. I thought my brother and I were the two people in the universe who loved shattered lands / wake of the ravager.

Played a run through just about a month ago, it's surprising how well it holds up even now, despite clunky interface.

American Mcgee's : Alice.

Seconded. Looked great on my old Radeon DDR 64MB at 1152x864 @ 32bpp with everything turned up.

Also, I spent a lot of time playing Blood, and Terminal Velocity for DOS.

I'm going to go way back and say Cybermage,one of the more interesting early FPS games.The combination of weapons and magical powers gave you a pretty big arsenal to choose from.

Nox (by Westwood) was a diablo 2 like game but in my mind a 100x better. pvp and multiplayer was amazing.

I've never met anyone thats ever played it other than me.

So post if you have. I'd like to see.

Played it, it was a cool game. Looong time ago (like 99? 2000?)

I'm sure someone mentioned it but Perfect Dark for a N64 was amazing.

I've still got KKND sitting in the cd rack at home - never could play it as it would crash all the time.

How about "Eye of the Beholder"?

Dune 2 was pretty cool (not to be confused with Dune 2000 which blew chunks).

I've still got KKND sitting in the cd rack at home - never could play it as it would crash all the time.

How about "Eye of the Beholder"?

Dune 2 was pretty cool (not to be confused with Dune 2000 which blew chunks).

Dune 2 was damn good.

I never got a chance to play the award winning Quake 4. However after playing High End games like Crysis, MW, I might consider Quake 4 old and rusty

Ahh yes, another goody :D

I'd like to add another title to this thread - Magic Carpet

I remember my buddy got to be a teacher's assistant in middle school and all he did during that period was play this game. jerk. The earlier Settler series was very good I don't know how many people played that.

That's funny because I forgot the name and inquired about it about a month ago on the pc forum. LOVED taht game. just such a generic title after all the years. Game is now on ipod touch now ;)

I came out of what has to probobly be at least a six year lurk to rep this post. I thought my brother and I were the two people in the universe who loved shattered lands / wake of the ravager.

Played a run through just about a month ago, it's surprising how well it holds up even now, despite clunky interface.

I heart you and the other person who posted about Wake of the Ravager. :) It was such ,and still is, a unique take on the D&D world where it didn't feel so cookie cutter. Music was good for 8 bit too heh. WHY can't Darksun come back with a face lift like Dragon Age at least.

Zombie Shooter 2

got it on steam for a dollar or two. It's like a cross between fallout (the original) and smashTV... only with zombies. The story is crap and the visuals aren't top notch, but I found it extremely fun to play. Once I picked it up, I couldn't put it back down.

On my second play through right now... I highly recommend it if you're into casual and/or indie games.

Bully / Bully: Scholarship Edition. Just a really fun game with a very entertaining story.

Star Wars Republic Commando. Wasn't expecting much when I first played but quickly became one of my favorite squad shooters. Your squad members are actually useful, hilarious banter between you and them, and watching them kick ass is awesome to see.

Freedom Fighters. Another squad shooter I enjoyed alot. Eventually you get to command a squad of over 10 people, it's fun to just watch your squad fight the enemies and not do anything.

As you can see, I'm a big fan of squad shooters.

I have always liked the LBA series

Little Big Adventure

and

Little Big Adventure 2

I remember after playing through the second game having that feeling of wanting more. It's a shame that the studio closed shortly after the game was released. I think I need to dig that game out of storage and load up dos box

Last edited:
I heart you and the other person who posted about Wake of the Ravager. :) It was such ,and still is, a unique take on the D&D world where it didn't feel so cookie cutter. Music was good for 8 bit too heh. WHY can't Darksun come back with a face lift like Dragon Age at least.

Ah, fond memories. I thinky my buddy played Shattered Lands again recently, he certainly talked about doing so anyway. Most D&D games are set in Forgotten Realms, so when a game comes along that uses a different setting then people tend to like their 'originality'. The was no "D&D world" until the morons at WotC dumped all the great content lovingly crafted over the years in favour of their own creation. I DM'd a Darksun campaign and it was really good (bearing in mind I had never been a DM before) - I don't recall the PC games using the Psionics (mental powers) system, which is a shame as it's something my group and I really liked. Can't even remember if you had to choose between being a defiler or preserver as a mage (which is a pretty important aspect of the setting). Torment was uber-popular not just for the great story, but because it was based mainly in the alien Sigil and therefore broke away from the mold - having played as a Tiefling in tabletop Planescape, a lot of that "wow" factor was lost on me. I digged the story (Morte and Dak'kon were great) and they did a grand job visualizing the city of doors, but for me the gameplay wasn't even close to BG2 standards and was therefore not as good (many "hardcore" RPG'ers would disagree, I know). Ravenloft was an interesting setting too, but our DM for that was too unforgiving and we got tired of making new characters! Pretty sure there are some old-skool games set there, might have to look them up.
I would love to see games based in Krynn (Dragonlance) since I've read so much of the literature and spent a lot of my teen years as a character there - still waiting for Glory of Istar (fan mod for BG2) which has been in the works for years now. But the D&D franchise is effectively dead imo.

Lineage 2 private servers fun for pvp. mega man legends sunk alot of my time when I was a kid.

There also was this game that was mostly 2d from the top view kinda like a soldner type game you kill enemies with machine guns n crap and go through missions, I just cant remember the name of it!

Crysis would have to be the best game i played. Not only does the game look great, i love the story of the whole game including warhead.

Crysis would have to be the best game i played. Not only does the game look great, i love the story of the whole game including warhead.

picard-fp-ascii.gif

Nox (by Westwood) was a diablo 2 like game but in my mind a 100x better. pvp and multiplayer was amazing.
I've never met anyone thats ever played it other than me.
So post if you have. I'd like to see.
I played NOX although never finished the single player but I really enjoyed the game. Was so much colorful.

My favorite game for the longest time was Duke Nukem 3D.
Then it got replaced by Guild Wars.
Now I would say Assassin's Creed II is my favorite game.

Until the next game comes along ...

Now that you mention it, I would definitely say that MDK is one of my favorite games ever. Very few people talk about the game now, I am not sure it if flopped as a commercial title or what. It was just great and there has never been anything like it.

Silent Storm and Silent Storm: Sentinels

Great squad Turn Based Strategy games set in the WW2 era with a little Sci-fi tacked on towards the end. Attributes and skills raise depending on their profession/class and how you play each squad-member(if you hide alot that goes up, if you use burst fire alot that goes up, etc). Then there are perk trees specific to each class that you go down as you level up.

Unfortunately those 2 games currently won't run on anything with more than 3 gigs of RAM :(

You have to either physically reduce your RAM or go into settings and limit the amount of RAM your OS sees to 3 gigs or less.

Back