Best FedEx Delivery Ever: LCD Monitor Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Copy of video would have been sent directly to local FedEx office with a note asking them to direct the driver to try the gate then ring the bell if he couldn't get through the gate. If the monitor didn't work after being tossed, file a claim with FedEx for mishandling.

as a former ups employee, your package probably got treated the same way the entire shipping process.

If you don't want one more additional toss, don't have a closed fence with no way to leave a package at your door.

Also, and this is a pro tip, be super nice to your fed ex/ups guy, give them a gift basket for xmas, and miraculously they will stop throwing your packages and will go out of their way to be awesome, even delivering to you out of order if they really like you.

that is lame.. why should I be "super nice" to someone for doing their job. especially If I pay to have the package shipped. My using them as a preference to ship should be "miraculous" enough reason for them not to toss around my packages.

I dunno where everyone else lives that they get the same driver, but every time Ive ever had something delivered its always been a different person.

*shrug*

that is lame.. why should I be "super nice" to someone for doing their job. especially If I pay to have the package shipped. My using them as a preference to ship should be "miraculous" enough reason for them not to toss around my packages.

your package was treated like this the whole way... but be nice to the delivery driver or he'll toss it a couple extra times just to finish it off.

lol

I agree with the "be super nice" part, as that is alway common courtesy. But having to bribe someone to do their job is simply wrong.

+1 for fire the FedEx driver!

Speaking as someone who works in the service industry just being courtesy and decent means a lot and automatically will get you much better service every time. Getting a tip on top of that just means I will remember you and bend over backwards every time to help you (at my job we're not suppose to accept tips since we're paid well enough but I still get them from a few customers).

Anyone who needs a bribe in order to do their job right shouldn't be there.

as a former ups employee, your package probably got treated the same way the entire shipping process.

Didnt read through all the pages of comments but it only took the 2nd post for me to say THIS.

I worked at Lowes on overnight freight. You'd be surprised how merchandise is handled. This just happened out in the open.

Was still kinda douchey nonetheless.

Didnt read through all the pages of comments but it only took the 2nd post for me to say THIS.

I worked at Lowes on overnight freight. You'd be surprised how merchandise is handled. This just happened out in the open.

Was still kinda douchey nonetheless.

Take the time and read the comments, especially the person you quoted.

Shipping guys have to bust ass to make sure things get delivered on time. The condition of the package is second.

Just look at you next package you get delivered, most likely all the corners are banged in.

Dick move by the driver though.

I would totally expect this from ups but not fedex. What happened to taking pride in your job?

^This. If you have that kind of a horseshit attitude, you don't deserve a tip or a job for that matter. Work hard, do well at your job and then you will get rewarded, not the other way around.

Shipping guys have to bust ass to make sure things get delivered on time. The condition of the package is second.

Just look at you next package you get delivered, most likely all the corners are banged in.

Dick move by the driver though.
MOST of the damage is done before the driver gets it. I have seen packages at the sorting center that looked like they fell out of the plane. I never once damaged a package while working at UPS or Airborne Express though.

WTF is the pay of the people working in Fedex (or other companies) over there?

Packages over here are RARELY damaged, and always delivered properly. The only "problems" would be it's expensive and that it's not quick.

I use to work at UPS before I got a career in the tech field.

I don't care what anyone says. There is NO excuse for lazy, shitty deliveries. Period. Ring damn bell on the gate, no big deal. In the UPS warehouse I worked in, if anyone was caught throwing or 'using excessive' force with a package, or not stacking them how they were suppose to. They could be subject to termination. I hope he sent that video to FedEx. That's just sloppy.

Worst I've had is the driver just leaving the package without even ringing the bell then running at a rate that rivals Usain Bolt back to the truck to speed off. Funniest bit was that I was coming down the stairs and saw him do so. Thankfully, he didn't try to be two athletes and try a Yao Ming with my electronics. But, yeah, this guy is going to get canned so hard for this because of the bad reputation it's bringing FedEx. And he certainly deserves it. But, seriously, giving "gifts" to ensure that my future packages don't get Ming'd on my front stoop? That's just bribery at best and extortion at worst. Back in the day you'd call that "protection money", no?

Unfortunately, it seems to go in cycles. For a few months, UPS will be good, then FedEx, then the USPS. Then, new people are hired or reassigned and it'll all go to hell.

I have had packages literally falling out of their containers by every carrier at some point. Right now, the odds in my neighborhood for undamaged goods are with the USPS, but that could suddenly change. UPS is the worst. FedEx has been more-or-less okay, with a few extremely notable exceptions.

No one bothers to knock anymore unless the sender pays for a recipient signature. Remember the days of COD deliveries?

Lately, I've been getting quite a few things from an outfit called Lasership (an Amazon favorite). They seem to be okay...for now.

If the delivery guy was doing to get back at the upper-class douchebag with the security cameras, fence, and concrete drive, I can sorta understand.. :p

My UPS guy was named Ruben and he was also a volunteer coach for the local soccer team. He was super nice and always gave my dog a treat. I sometimes would give him a box of cookies when I was sent double in the mail. My FedEx driver and I went to grade school together and then he was finally replaced with another guy that was pretty nice. Only during the holidays when they used other drivers did we ever have problems and they were never serious.

This video is pretty bad. The driver could have just left a note for the person to pick-up at the main office if no one was home.

If the delivery guy was doing to get back at the upper-class douchebag with the security cameras, fence, and concrete drive, I can sorta understand.. :p
You're pathetic and I'm glad I don't associate with jerks like you. Get a life and stop bashing people because they're better off than you.

Yes, hate him, and break his shit to get revenge because he managed to make a little coin.:rolleyes:

The homeowner is being attacked in the youtube comments for being "rich", and "you can afford another monitor, you rich asshole". Dont'cha love the entitlement attitude of the sub-literate cretins our failing school systems churn out? I am glad that "rich asshole" got this lazy douche fired from his job.

quoted for truth.
I honestly am getting tired of humanity now. and the even worse thing is that some of these asshole are here on the [H], too.

I ordered a monitor from dell a couple weeks ago, checked the tracking # and it was "damaged in shipment" and returned to sender. They must of messed it up pretty bad to not even deliver it.

If you don't want one more additional toss, don't have a closed fence with no way to leave a package at your door.

Also, and this is a pro tip, be super nice to your fed ex/ups guy, give them a gift basket for xmas, and miraculously they will stop throwing your packages and will go out of their way to be awesome, even delivering to you out of order if they really like you.

BS!

the slots on that fence look large enough, also i didnt even see them attempt to ring a bell to see if anyone was home, this is pure lazyness on the deliver guys part and not giving a shit about anything

you aren't bribing him to do his job, you are showing appreciation for the service he gives you.

delivery guys have a rough job, and the random customer being nice goes a long way, or don't be nice or spend 15 bux on him once a year, just means my packages get treated better than yours.

Being nice to someone, which is common sense, is far different than bribing people.
I didn't say that YOUR method doesn't work for YOUR packages; we are ALL saying here that we SHOULD NOT have to do this shit. And frankly, I'm glad you aren't working at UPS anymore. We don't need asshole scumbags like you there. Good fucking riddance.

What you're saying is the same thing as bribing the mc donalds cashiers or cooks so they don't spit in your food. But low intelligence people like you of course won't address THAT, now will you? You just pick and choose whatever arguments work best for you. Just like those Bible thumpers who pick and choose whatever parts of the Bible they agree with, while conveniently ignoring anything else. Well guess what? I'm SMARTER than you, and able to see the smoke screens.

Welcome to 2012, when no one takes personal responsibility for doing what's right, and doing their job the way they should, and always blaming the VICTIM, and prasing the culprit...

Go ahead and keep contributing to the problem.

My experience with both FedEx, UPS and even USPS workers has been very polite and welcoming, but fuck that guy. Fire him.

I think the rich guy in the gated and fenced mansion probably gets a year end bonus, and your FedEx guy probably deserves a decent tip. His job is to deliver the package, a tip would be for the days he has to deliver in: rain, snow, ice, excessive heat/cold.

Being nice to someone, which is common sense, is far different than bribing people.
I didn't say that YOUR method doesn't work for YOUR packages; we are ALL saying here that we SHOULD NOT have to do this shit.

I don't think he said you "have to" but it's damn good idea if you get a lot of packages. Sometimes there's a little thing about protecting your investment this applies whether you are at a restaurant, getting lots of packages, or know a cop who lives on your street.

Going out of your way to show that someone is appreciated, or even being extra nice pays. There's no argument that one shouldn't have to do something. Hell I shouldn't have to wait in traffic. I shouldn't have to tell my grocery store to open another line when it's obvious that they should. In the case of the grocery store when they open the extra line guess who is first to be served? ME. The reality is that I have to do things all of the time that I'd rather not. But I do them because it makes sense, in many cases pays off, and I'm not the type to not deal with reality. Money is power.. We live in a capitalistic society and money can do all sorts of shit that a double-jointed prostitute lacking a gag reflex could never do.

Now I'm not saying what this driver did was acceptable, far from it. I hope he gets fired actually. However, that doesn't mean that there isn't a point to be made of how to protect your investment. I've seen this work out for me TONS of times. From getting my windows tinted, to picking up my clothes at the cleaners, it even works at your job.

I kinda sorta understand that your a douche, and not just upper class have cams. If you wanna protect your shit with a brick or camera, either are effective....plus which would you do.......File a complaint and not have any proof of retarded delivery dude, or ruin his life and throw it up on Youtube?

You never know when you might end up on the tube....any tube....:eek:

The driver didn't even attempt to ring the buzzer, I'm assuming there was some way to page the house from there. He just walks straight up to it and tosses it over, what a douche.

I dunno where everyone else lives that they get the same driver, but every time Ive ever had something delivered its always been a different person.

*shrug*

An office I worked at had the same driver almost every morning, but at my house it's always different. We also have a rotation of 3-4 USPS workers now whereas it used to be the same guy all the time.

I don't think he said you "have to" but it's damn good idea if you get a lot of packages. Sometimes there's a little thing about protecting your investment this applies whether you are at a restaurant, getting lots of packages, or know a cop who lives on your street.

Going out of your way to show that someone is appreciated, or even being extra nice pays. There's no argument that one shouldn't have to do something. Hell I shouldn't have to wait in traffic. I shouldn't have to tell my grocery store to open another line when it's obvious that they should. In the case of the grocery store when they open the extra line guess who is first to be served? ME. The reality is that I have to do things all of the time that I'd rather not. But I do them because it makes sense, in many cases pays off, and I'm not the type to not deal with reality. Money is power.. We live in a capitalistic society and money can do all sorts of shit that a double-jointed prostitute lacking a gag reflex could never do.

Now I'm not saying what this driver did was acceptable, far from it. I hope he gets fired actually. However, that doesn't mean that there isn't a point to be made of how to protect your investment. I've seen this work out for me TONS of times. From getting my windows tinted, to picking up my clothes at the cleaners, it even works at your job.
GTFO. I am not tipping the goddamn UPS/Fed Ex driver, that makes more money than me anyway, to do his fucking job. I was never tipped when I delivered packages for them nor would I have ever expected to be.

Just wanna point out that it's kinda hard to tip someone in the first place if he throws your package and runs without seeing if you are home. :p

You're pathetic and I'm glad I don't associate with jerks like you. Get a life and stop bashing people because they're better off than you.

What makes you think other people are better off in life than me? The fact that I understand the frustration between upper and middle classes??

You boys read way too much into things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back