Best fans for Thermochill PA120.3

Hello,
I just bougth a Thermochill PA120.3 to cool my Intel Quadcore QX6700 and 2 BFG 8800GTX water cooled edition.
What would be the best fans for this rad???
Thanks a lot
Bye

The 3.50$ Yate loons over at Jab-Tech are the best slow speed fans (for a fair price) these days.

I've read good things about the Noctua NF-S12-1200 fans. However, they are 20 bucks and the color isn't the best.

BTW, what PSU are you using for your system ronald? I am aiming to build a similar setup and have been debating over how much wattage to go with.

Getting Back to the fans,
I dond mind the price but i really want the fans to cool the rad the best posible.
I went to the thermochill page where it states" PA Series - Optimised for Fans with an individual CFM Output of upto 130cfm"
i am guessing the higher the cfm the more air goes through and more noise rigth?
If this is correct probably the best solution for me me is the ones taht has a higher cfm without being too noisy.
Any thougths on fans like this?

Getting Back to the fans,
I dond mind the price but i really want the fans to cool the rad the best posible.
I went to the thermochill page where it states" PA Series - Optimised for Fans with an individual CFM Output of upto 130cfm"
i am guessing the higher the cfm the more air goes through and more noise rigth?
If this is correct probably the best solution for me me is the ones taht has a higher cfm without being too noisy.
Any thougths on fans like this?

Well, they say that up to 130CFM is good. That radiator is made for low flow fans... And you can get great temperatures with 3 fans with about 40CFM.

High CFM fans will be VERY noisy... The yate loons already suggested are pretty much the best. There's no "magic" technique to get a fan pushing 65CFM at only about 29dba... That's just impossible.

99% of the "SILENT" fans are only about 5-10% quieter than comparable, generic OEM fans. The ones that advertise AMAZING flow rates (like the SilenX fans of 60CFM @ 18Dba) are measured in open air, from about 5 meters away. The industry standard is 1 ft away in open air... Don't fall for all that mis-marketing.

The yate loons are about the best, and have long been, and will be for a long time.

Yes. The yates are the best (price/performance) for non thick radiators... A thick radiator would be a BIX or a GTS.

All other Rads are great with the Yates.

Make sure to get one extra, as some of them have bearing noise (24 out of the 300 I ordered were fairly loud).

Sure,
But let me just tell you, that is the exact rad i am changing to the pa120.3.
Its an ok rad but if you have the space and the $ and after all the question ive asked go for the thermochill.
Muchhhhh better, and i am not sure what components you have but with this rad u can upgrade in the future and theres no need to change the rad
Good luck

PA's perform about 20% better than similar sized MCR radiators...

So, a triple one should perform about 33% + 20% better than a dual MCR rad.

Yes. The yates are the best (price/performance) for non thick radiators... A thick radiator would be a BIX or a GTS.

All other Rads are great with the Yates.

Make sure to get one extra, as some of them have bearing noise (24 out of the 300 I ordered were fairly loud).

wait a minute...who orders 300 fans? ;)

I just got my yate loons in but I have a problem. What size screws do I need to have them sucking the air through? (the swiftech one i already linked)

wait a minute...who orders 300 fans? ;)

I just got my yate loons in but I have a problem. What size screws do I need to have them sucking the air through? (the swiftech one i already linked)

Hahaha, well, I charge 30$ to upgrade the cooling capacity on my enthusiast level systems... In reality it costs me about 9$ (3 fans) and about an hour of work to section everything off...

So, if 1/3 of my customers buy this (and the other 2 thirds don't) I use... 3 yates for those that do, and 1 for those that don't (sometimes 2 if requested)...

I sell about 150 systems a year (To students on my mostly Asian campus of 60k students, thus the need for powerful computers in volume haha), so I use about 300 a year. Fancy that...

I don't understand what you mean about the "screws" though... You need 6-32 threaded screws that are 1" 1/4 long. That should get the fans on without puncturing the radiator.

Hahaha, well, I charge 30$ to upgrade the cooling capacity on my enthusiast level systems... In reality it costs me about 9$ (3 fans) and about an hour of work to section everything off...

So, if 1/3 of my customers buy this (and the other 2 thirds don't) I use... 3 yates for those that do, and 1 for those that don't (sometimes 2 if requested)...

I sell about 150 systems a year (To students on my mostly Asian campus of 60k students, thus the need for powerful computers in volume haha), so I use about 300 a year. Fancy that...

I don't understand what you mean about the "screws" though... You need 6-32 threaded screws that are 1" 1/4 long. That should get the fans on without puncturing the radiator.

I have 2" ones but they are too thick

http://www.jab-tech.com/YATE-LOON-120mm-Case-Fan-D12SL-12-pr-3009.html bought those

The guy who makes the PA series radiators, Marci, recommends Yate Loons. Yate Loons are probably the most well known fans in all of watercooling-dom. They are praised for being very quiet, having good air flow for their size, and costing next to nothing. It is literally not possible for Yate Loon to be a bad choice compared to other 120mm fans.

just got the yans how i gonna screw them to my radiator since thermochill doesnt offer big screws

I thought the Black ICE series were M4 threaded?

Back