Best easy way to clean an IPS screen?

Lebowsky

Weaksauce
What do you use? Would a glasses cleaning cloth be ok to remove fingerprints?

Last edited:
No risk of those things tearing off the AG coating? And since if I order those they will take a few days to arrive anyway, any risk using my glasses cloth (in regard to the AG coating)?

Last edited:
I bought a screen cleaning kit from Costco a few weeks ago. Comes with 4 bottles and 2 micro-fiber cloths. Works like a charm. Wasn't expensive at all and will last you a long, long time. It was in their electronics section.

Well I actually RTFMd my Eizo CX240, and bought the Eizo screen cleaner they recommend :)

I like the sound of rocket surgery better...but back to op: microfiber and a cleaning solution from radioshack or amazon would be perfect although I just use filtered water on mine.

I use microfiber and deionized water. I have a fairly elaborate reverse osmosis-deionization system for my aquariums and thus have an almost unlimited amount of DI water. I use it in my water cooled PC as well.

Mostly pure water with a hint of alcohol. Soft cotton rag. It should only barely wet the screen.

Unless you were considering motor oil and steel wool, i think you'll be ok with most things you use.

your glasses cloth will work fine.

Back