Best dual monitor display card for under $110

Ok guys. here is the question. I need to get a card for a machine. (HP Pavilion 743C) uses I belive a AGP 4x slot. I know there are some if not most 8x cards will work. (besides the Intel intigreated) I need something that plays games fairly well. Has dual monitor display capable. S-Video out. Like to have a card that has either 128 or even beter 256 mgs ram. On 128bus for the memory. Ive looked at the 9600 ATI stuff and the FX5500 to FX5700 stuff as well. Doesnt need to be able to be the best but would like to still get games like Hl2 and Doom and some other later released games to play over 30fps for the most part. And i need to keep it down to about a max of $110 bucks. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

radeon 9800 pro on the forums. ive seen them go as low as 80 bucks.

itll outclass the 9600xt by about 2x and absolutly rape the FX5700.

I understand that you can get a used card here on the forums pretty easily for pretty cheap But how about new? My customer has a preference for new. I normally dont have these questions cause most of what i do is high end stuff or just complete repair work. Not normally upgrading an older machine..I have lost touch with some of the past Vid cards like the ones mentioned for that reason. BUT anyhow. how does the Dual monitor of the ATI stuff do compaired to the NVidia stuff? I had always heard that the NV cards were much better at dual display. any more suggestions?

Thanks

that 9800 Pro refurb looks like a very nice deal.
I have a 9600XT and it played HL2 pretty decent, but for a few bucks more I'd go with that 9800Pro. I just recently went with a slightly used GeForce 6800 for $130 and it works great.

BUT how do these cards like the 9800pro or the 9600pro 256 cards do for dual display. Im sure the 9600 is no complete slouch in performance either.

They work great for dual display. I've been running duals for about 5 years now, from a AGP/PCI setup to a Radeon 7000, 9600XT, and now my GeForce 6800.

Back