Best dual HDD external enclosure, with fan??

investinwaffles

Limp Gawd
So I just purchaced a set of 1tb enterprise level WD drives (2tb total) and I am looking for a great enclosure to put them in.
I am going to be using them as long long term reliable data storage (to backup my other 1tb media drive and other computers) so I want to do everything I can to preserve the life of them :)
A fan is a must, but do you guys think I should just mod one with my own fan? Or is that overkill? I am not really versed on enterprise level drives, I just know that they are designed for 24/7 reliability.
But I figure, I can prevent them from failing by keeping them in a nice cool enclosure and turning them off when Im not using them. Ill most likely only use them 2-3 times a week to backup stuff and turn them off for the rest of the time.

So, can anyone reccomend me a good enclosure? I have a Lian Li PC-V1000 case and saw a few that had the same "cheesegrater" G5 look to them but I have no idea if they are any good. I dont want my drives to fail due to a shitty enclosure. :(

How about T1-US2DS01 - Dual SATA hardware RAID?

Sine you use it as ON/OFF, so hot plug is a must: eSATA (fast) and USB2.0 will do just that.

It has fan and all metal, so you HDD will be cool be of air and the chassis abort the heat

Back