Best Drivers for FX5900 XT

stefan231

Gawd
I Have the EVGA FX5900 XT and was wondering what drivers you guys recomend for best performance.

As far as I know the best performance is almost always attained from NVidia's unified driver, Detonator series I believe, in the most recent possible WHQL certified version. Right now I think it is version 61.34

ehZn said:
Detonator series I believe

<old man voice> Oh, no, sonny, the Detonator series was from back in the day. Now they're called ForceWare. Heck, I can rem'ber me some Detonator 14, I believe it was, lookin' mighty good on my Hercules GeForce 256 . . . </old man voice>

Wanamingo said:
<old man voice> Oh, no, sonny, the Detonator series was from back in the day. Now they're called ForceWare. Heck, I can rem'ber me some Detonator 14, I believe it was, lookin' mighty good on my Hercules GeForce 256 . . . </old man voice>

hahaha yea, i was totally thinking off in the clouds there. He's right, Forceware. I'm always too lazy to check it before I post, especially when I'm at work ;)

stefan231 said:
I Have the EVGA FX5900 XT and was wondering what drivers you guys recomend for best performance.
I am running the 61.40 and I am happy with them so far. I have tried every one under this one and some might give a few more FPS and all but this one seems the best over all so far for me. The ones that seem to give a few extra FPS just seems to not look as good as these. To me 3 or 4 extra FPS is not worth the bad look of things.

The last drivers available on the NV site are from April. Does anybody have a good source for the latest WHQL'd drivers?

Back