Best Domain Name Registrar

Status
Not open for further replies.

vwild2002

Weaksauce
I know I know that this question has been asked before but when I tried the search function I saw that the admin has disabled it for some reason.

Now to the question. Where is the best "cheapest" place to register a domain name??

I currently have one with internetdomains.com but I am wondering which ones you guys like or dislike???

Thanks

I use easily, although im thinking of transfering fully to UKNet, if only for the long term saveings :)

we use godaddy, they are cheap, update fast, and we've never had a problem in 2 years. cant say the same for network solutions.

I became my own registrar through OpenSRS.

I know I'm not going to go out of business or sell my personal information. And I get domains for $10/year.

Originally posted by skritch
I became my own registrar through OpenSRS.

I know I'm not going to go out of business or sell my personal information. And I get domains for $10/year.

yeah just have to hope tucows doesnt go out of business :rolleyes: LOL didnt we have this conversation before your a reseller not a registrar. Tucows is the registrar in which you resell for.

Originally posted by Ruckus
yeah just have to hope tucows doesnt go out of business :rolleyes: LOL didnt we have this conversation before your a reseller not a registrar. Tucows is the registrar in which you resell for.

The OpenSRS paradigm was set up by ICANN; it won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

And I'm not a reseller, because Tucows makes no money from my use of the service.

Unless you'd just like to start calling most of the other cheap registrars in this thread, and many others like them, resellers. Because almost every single one of the low-cost registrars are part of the OpenSRS system.

well i must be mistaken when i read "Become a reseller now" on the signup page huh? And how come your not listed as a registrar within ICANN? It lists Tucows not even OPENSRS because OpenSRS is a DBA for Tucows. Please research before coming back with an arguement;) I dont mind debates but atleast have something to back it up with other than your wrong. As for making money off you. yes they do because they dont pay a per domain fee, as a real registrar they pay a scheduled fee. and YES Go daddy is listed as a real registrar just like tucows.

well i must be mistaken when i read "Become a reseller now" on the signup page huh? And how come your not listed as a registrar within ICANN?

Technically, I am a reseller. Colloquially, and as far as anyone else is concerned, I'm a registrar. Just like inexpensivedomains.com, mentioned earlier in this thread.

Don't preach ICANN to me; I was involved in ICANN from almost the beginning. I worked alongside Karl Auerbach and others to increase public representation within ICANN. I worked on several ICANN working groups to help form the policies and procedures that comprise ICANN.

And no, OpenSRS is not a database administrator for tucows. If you're going to exhort the need for research and try to correct people on their terminology, you might want to make sure your glass house is well out of range and/or aim.

Technically, I am a reseller. Colloquially, and as far as anyone else is concerned, I'm a registrar. Just like inexpensivedomains.com, mentioned earlier in this thread.

Don't preach ICANN to me; I was involved in ICANN from almost the beginning. I worked alongside Karl Auerbach and others to increase public representation within ICANN. I worked on several ICANN working groups to help form the policies and procedures that comprise ICANN.

And no, OpenSRS is not a database administrator for tucows. If you're going to exhort the need for research and try to correct people on their terminology, you might want to make sure your glass house is well out of range and/or aim. [/B]

did you know that i was the sole inspiration for bill gates. unfortunately for a while he got caught up with my wife, therefore he didnt put much interest in his current project, thus windows Me was born, and my career with billy was done.

Originally posted by bromide
did you know that i was the sole inspiration for bill gates. unfortunately for a while he got caught up with my wife, therefore he didnt put much interest in his current project, thus windows Me was born, and my career with billy was done.

Difference being, my involvement's a matter of public record.

And no, OpenSRS is not a database administrator for tucows. If you're going to exhort the need for research and try to correct people on their terminology, you might want to make sure your glass house is well out of range and/or aim. [/B]

Um genius not database administrator, Doing Business As otherwise known as a ficticious name a company running under another name. like i said research before you come back, because opensrs is a ficticious name or Doing Business As (DBA)for tucows as registered in their province in Canada. If your gonna aim back at my glass house as you put it make sure you are not shooting blanks.

Um genius not database administrator, Doing Business As

Okay, you caught me. My brain didn't switch gears fast enough to think in business terms instead of computer terms.

However, it has no bearing on my other points, which you've yet to address.

Okay, you caught me. My brain didn't switch gears fast enough to think in business terms instead of computer terms.

However, it has no bearing on my other points, which you've yet to address.

what are your other points? you see Ive based everything ive said on fact where as you based your on ego. Im sorry if it hurt your feelings that your not a real registrar, but saying you will be in business longer than godaddy is not a realistic view. Godaddy is a real registrar as is tucows so tucows has as much of a chance of going out of business as godaddy which is a less of a chance than you. I will not contribute to a fight over ego. If you have a debate over something that has some bearing on acuracy than i will happily debate it.

fourth namecheap.

Godaddy has a terrible web interface, spams you like crazy, has annoying in-your-face advertising and so on. And namecheap is cheaper anyway.

I use godaddy and haven't had a problem with them in over 6 years. I've got a bunch of names registered through them and they never spam me.

fourth namecheap.

Godaddy has a terrible web interface, spams you like crazy, has annoying in-your-face advertising and so on. And namecheap is cheaper anyway.

Godaddy is in your face, but simply go to the email unsubscribe area and they never send you anything but info about your domains.

The web interface for their other tools does suck, but the domain manager is quite nice.

GoDaddy has its advantages: super-fast DNS propogation, cheap domains (especially when on sale). However, like most others have said, their interface is complete shit and very bloated/confusing, not to mention the up-selling that you'll have to go through just to register the domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back