Best Displays to use with 3 X Eyefinity and 5870?

Zepharus

Gawd
I am looking to sell my XHD3000 30 display and go 3 X Eyefinity with a new ATI 5870. what would be the best monitors to use for this? I NEED a PVA display panel. I will absolutly not use TN displays. I assume 3 x 24" displays make the most sense... Im looking for input on size and actually brand/model recommendations. thanks in advance

Nice.. that 2210H looks like an excellent buy at $189.. could definitely swing for one or two of those or maybe 3 after I get a HD5870.

I added these links to the article as well.

For a triple LCDs display on the standard 5870.... at least one monitor must have DP input port.

If not, you'll need and active/powered DP to DVI converter (as the DP port on the 5870 does not pass through DVI signals, using passive DP to DVI adapter)

The 6 edition 5870 requires 4 DP input monitors...

Wait for card that will support upto 6 cards and go for 5 LCD portrait setup.

Do all the monitors have to be the same res? I have two 1280 x 1024 monitors and I'd like to be ghetto for a while and just buy the one 24 1920 x 1200 DP monitor.. Sorry if this is an idiotic question, as I feel it might be..

for sure grouped monitors have to have same res.
hopefully that changes soon.

hmm.... 6 U2410's or 3 3008's.

how much do mounts costs and where are they available?

no mention of the monitors hand picked for this setup?

where's samsung with their 'made for' eyefinity displays?

HOLE - E - FUCK.

Wow, Kyle, you just sold me. That shit was awesome....awesome video review....

I know I may have gotten on Ati a little bit, but if Nvidia doesn't have something like this I'll be switching to team red....and buying two more monitors....*wallet cries*

That was a very clear, concise video review. Thank you. It brought out the many good and few short comings to date. This technology is very exciting, and even though I won't be an early purchaser...I never am....it does take gaming to a whole other level.

For some reason Dell Canada is selling me the P2310H for 169.99$ each... I think I'll have to spend the 600$ CAN total after taxes for this... I'm already used to TN and 16x9 and don't mind it at all.

Sigh. Looks like fun but man, I dunno about getting 3 monitors. Three high end monitors like I like (I have an NEC 2690 and love it) would be really pricey, approaching the kind of money I spend on sound :p. However I dunno if I want to go to lower end monitors.

Something I'll have to mull over, if I do get a 5870.

Also another concern I have is desktop usage. It looks like it does what all monitor spanning stuff does in that Windows puts everything on the left display, and maximized windows get stretched over all three. That is problematic for non-gaming. I wonder if they can find a way to have it operate as independent displays for the DWM, and as a unified display for fullscreen D3D apps.

where's samsung with their 'made for' eyefinity displays?

This. I'm holding off for 3 of these when they come out but would like to know any info on them if anyone has details.

Hmm. 3x U2410s look sweet. I do wonder how the new slim bezel Samsungs will look though. Hopefully they send you 3 for an Eyefinity roundup?

somethings i worry about with 3 displays...

clearly mixing panel types would be a bad idea since they have different levels of lag. the fisheye alone would probably give me enough headaches without the panels being unsynchronized.

what about mixing displays? is it okay to use different models with different response times?

somethings i worry about with 3 displays...

clearly mixing panel types would be a bad idea since they have different levels of lag. the fisheye alone would probably give me enough headaches without the panels being unsynchronized.

what about mixing displays? is it okay to use different models with different response times?

You can probably get away with having a xyx arrangement, meaning 2 displays of x response time at the sides and y in the middle.

Back