Best display mode for gaming on Acer XF270HU 27" 144hz IPS

biggles

2[H]4U
I looked through the manual and it does not describe what the following 8 monitor modes mean:
G1 action
G2 racing
G3 sports
User
Standard
Eco
Graphics
Movie

Obviously use movie for watching movies. Would G1 action be best for videogames like Gears of War 4 or Assassins Creed Origins? Is it safe to assume that G3 racing would be the best pick for racing games like Dirt Rally?

Anyone know what Graphics and Eco modes are supposed to be used for?

Great monitor BTW. Works well with adaptive sync now that Nvidia supports it through their software.

Never bother with any of the modes. They are always just color presets that are various degrees of bad. User mode is going to most likely give you the most accurate setting even without messing with the calibration.

Reactions: nyt
like this
Oh okay. In that case, what calibration settings would be recommended? And should these settings be changed for internet browsing vs action games vs movies, etc?

I agree. If you want accurate color, you need to calibrate. There are several options, such as the X-Rite i1Display Pro. Or you could just perform the basic Windows calibration or just select what looks good to you. Settings vary across units to produce the same calibration.

Back