Best desk (preferably IKEA) for an FW900? Pics of setups welcomed!

Stiletto

Supreme [H]ardness
My fiancee and I are looking for new desks for our computers in our study. I've got an FW900, and as you can imagine, positioning on most desks can be a challenge. I'd like to know what owners of FW900 do with theirs, on what desks, and how the rest of the setup is placed. Pics would be great! :)

Honestly I do not have one yet but if I happen to get lucky and find one I plan to basically put a very solid table with a top of about 1.5' square behind my desk to sit it on so my actual desk still has room on it.

Dual Ikea Galants with extensions back to back. You could prob fit 10 fw900....on each desk.

Put the desk in the corner, so the monitors end would stick over the table edge in the corner. Minimal wasted space. You can run cables from there too.

I used to have Viewsonic 22" CRT, rather huge, dwarfed only by my 21" Nokia CRT... My own (self-made) desk is L shaped with 3 LCD monitors. When I had that Viewsonic CRT as main display I had it in the short end, tail over the edge. Later I had it in the corner as secondary monitor.

There's no reason* not to let it hang over the edge, I've never seen big CRT fell on its tail end.
*better ask your significant one first or face the consequences ;)

Back