Best Dell 2707 price???

Tanquen

[H]ard|Gawd
Dell is having their end of quarter run until February 2nd. Can I post prices? Guy gave me a delivered price under a grand on the 2707. First he said that I had to by 4 or more then recanted. He asked what kind of price I was looking for and I told him under a grand. I may ask what the lowest he can go on 4 of them is and then sell two here or on eBay. :) I’m going to have to find some weights to hang on me HD Ergotron arm and see if it can hold them. They are heavier than the 30". :(

Me Arm:

http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1027882943&postcount=2126

Man that's awsome. It's what it should be priced. I'm half tempted to call up and barter myself and send my 24" back for the 27" for a grand if possible.

Then again I'm having all kinds of issues trying to get my exchange/return taking care of. It feels like dell is almost playing games to string me along to charge me also for my defected 2407. I'm cringing at the thought of having 2 2407 here while waiting on the 27". My card will get charged for everything, then have to fight tooth and nail to get credit back. lol

If I could get this monitor for under 1k, i would buy it in a heartbeat. Can you give me some details on how to get such a price? PM if you dont want to post it.

Nice. That's a more reasonable price for this monitor. I had no idea you could haggle with the Dell reps! :)

I went ahead and asked for a best price for 2 and he sent this, no shipping even :)

Date: 1/19/07 5:36:09 PM Customer Name: XXXX

TOTAL QUOTE AMOUNT: $1,866.00
Product Subtotal: $1,866.00
Tax: $0.00
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Shipping Method: Ground Total Number of System Groups: 0

SOFTWARE & ACCESSORIES

Product Quantity Unit Price Total
Type 11 Contract - Advanced Exchange, Initial Year (982-1980) 2 $0.00 $0.00
Dell Hardware Warranty, Extended Year (985-9467) 2 $0.00 $0.00
Dell Hardware Warranty, Initial Year (985-9468) 2 $10.00 $20.00
Type 11 Contract - Advanced Exchange, 2 Year Extended (981-8612) 2 $25.00 $50.00
Dell 27 inch UltraSharp Widescreen Digital Flat Panel (222-7315) 2 $898.00 $1,796.00

Number of S & A Items: 5 S&A Total Amount: $1,866.00

If I could get this monitor for under 1k, i would buy it in a heartbeat. Can you give me some details on how to get such a price? PM if you dont want to post it.
Would I be able to get in on this, too?

It’s odd this has worked before. Everyone is telling me that Dell wont give them a deal or one like this. I got the quote through our Dell Business account manager. I don’t want to get him in trouble if that is what could happen. You should ask them about the fact that Dell is supposed to be in their end of quarter discount thing. Maybe it’s only for Dell Business accounts. I’ll ask him if it ok to give out the quote number or his email.

We all really appreciate you checking this out. If we have to buy multiple monitors, perhaps we could get a group buy going. I think we could at least bundle 5 sales.

I tried talking to a CSR, said the 1399 price was a great deal for a new monitor and they would be unwilling to budge. Had card in hand ready to go too.

Ah well, heres to those who got in on the deal.:cool:

We all really appreciate you checking this out. If we have to buy multiple monitors, perhaps we could get a group buy going. I think we could at least bundle 5 sales.

I'd be willing to go in on a group buy.

I asked if I could give out his info and this was his reply:

Unfortunately Not.

This is special pricing available through your company. You may purchase through your company, but unfortunately I cannot deal with them
directly, unless they are one of my Clients (like you).

CXXXX XXXXXX
S & P Account Manager
Solution Provider Direct
Dell, Inc.
1-800-901-XXXX
Ext. XXX-XXXX

I thought about ordering more and then trying to sell them but by the time I got them shipped them back out and PayPal took there cut or however I got paid I think they would be back over $1000. Dell and companies like them get big price breaks from UPS and other shipping companies. I think it would cost me like $50+ to ship it UPS with insurance and signature required.

Back