Best deal on PS3?

Lyrids

Limp Gawd
My dad is looking to compliment a home theater setup at our summer house that we rent out with a PS3, mostly because of its Blu-ray capabilities. The guy doesn't like to pay sales tax or shipping so he sent me to the internet to find him a deal. Anyone got any suggestions?

(no, but will be watching this thread..been looking for one for a while now, its hard to get a good deal on consoles)

The only deal you might find is a bundle deal with a game or two included, otherwise, they cost the same at every store. And tell your Dad he should pay taxes because it helps the poor. ;)

The only "deal" I have seen is to sign up for the Sony credit card and get $100 off any purchase of $299 or more. Check out (dealnews|fatwallet|slickdeals).com for other bargains when they show up.

No matter what I would wait and see what the PS3/MGS/DS3 bundle looks like when it comes out. Prices on everything else should come down.

Wait till June 1 and buy from Walmart. You get a free $100 gift card (supposedly for use on blu-ray stuff, but probably will work on anything else) with purchase of a 40 GB system. I believe this can be added on top of the sony credit card deal.

To the internets! Sorry, had to say it.

So, you do not plan to play any games on the PS3? :(

It's a great Blu-Ray player however; makes regular DVD's look sexy too.

Wait till June 1 and buy from Walmart. You get a free $100 gift card (supposedly for use on blu-ray stuff, but probably will work on anything else) with purchase of a 40 GB system. I believe this can be added on top of the sony credit card deal.

This intrigues me. Any idea how long this lasts? Perhaps... long enough to see how the MGS4 bundle shakes out?

Look up the FS/FT section here. Some people have consoles for sale, and they are pretty good deals. Last time I checked I saw a 40gb PS3 for $310 there.

This intrigues me. Any idea how long this lasts? Perhaps... long enough to see how the MGS4 bundle shakes out?

Ends June 7th. There's a pretty long thread over at slickdeals.net if you're interested. Personally, I'm going to wait for the MGS4 bundle...

I don't think that the Sony deal will work with the Walmart deal cause the for the Sony
deal the PS3 needs to be purchased from Sony.

Back