Best deal on a 5820k processor?

thegreywizard

Limp Gawd
Looking to pick up a new Intel 5820k processer, $300 or below shipped... anyone know who has a deal like this?

Wondering if any places will run an after xmas special to move some inventory now that sales will probably be down since xmas is over.

Microcenter is the cheapest you'll find. In store only though.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/437203/Core_i7-5820k_33_GHz_LGA_2011_V3_Tray_Processor

The price has been $300 all year, so give it a few weeks to settle dowh after tyhe golidays, and it will get that low again.

You won't find these any cheaper. Places don't buy enough of these in quantity to get any serious discounts, and Microcenter is the only one willing to take a loss on the processor. And the in-store-only price means no price matches.

PM staples to microcenter? What is PM and what do you mean exactly?

$250 would be AWESOME! I'll do what I have to do and can wait a little while if need be to catch that sale, just need more info/better explanation as to what use referring to.

Thanks!

So the store Staples sells the 5820k processors too? So play them against Microcenter till one offers me a coupon that gets me down to $250 with tax?

Is there an upcoming sale or coupon for Staples I should be aware of to keep an eye out for?

I just checked their website & Staples has it for $415, so I should call them tomorrow at a local store and tell them to price Match microcenter, (which I have a MC about 25 min from me) and then see if there's an additional coupon on top of that?

Last edited:
Best of luck to you when haggling. I am also on that platform upgrade bandwagon right now.
Just no idea what to get.

PM Staples to MC, and stack coupons after PM. Should be $250 WITH tax.

Staples will sometimes do it if you have a MC within a 50 mile range. Personally if I had a MC within a 50 mile range, I would just go there. I have one a few hours away, and its a fun store to browse.

Best of luck to you when haggling. I am also on that platform upgrade bandwagon right now.
Just no idea what to get.

Same here, aren't Broadwell-E chips coming out soon?....you think haswell chips would drop in price when they do?

Also at Microcenter, from time to time, you'll find decent open box processors, again, in-store only. While maybe not "new," but I've bought OB processors and had no issues so far. Currently, the North Jersey/Patterson and Queens/Flushing stores each have an open box 5820K for $272.

Only other time that I think I've "seen" (i.e. I considered it, but didn't actually try it) it that cheap for a new retail processor would have been during Staples' back to school 110% price match when it coincided with my state's sales tax holiday.

Called Staples just now & they said they can't price match microcenter because their 5820k is an "in store" only deal and no staples near me offers this processor (I doubt any do as he said it seems to be sold on their website from a 3rd party)

Any ideas on how to get over this wall? He also said they can't add microcenters extra $20 off mobo bundle either, so the best they could do would be the $320... but that was before we got tot he "in store only" hurdle

The $20 bundle discount would come off the motherboard when you purchase one with the processor, so I doubt Staples would honor that discount on just the processor.

I wonder if you can order the processor for in store pickup (ship to store), then when you pick it up in store, ask for the price match then.

Price match in-store. Phone or live chat won't work.

Say you want to order something at the kiosk and need a pricematch. You might get bounced from person to person.

Bring printout of microcenter cpu to show them. Helps to also have a staples printout of the item you want so they can compare it. You'll want to have the item numbers visible, that's what they will be checking first.

The staples near me, their policy is as long as it has a retail store you can visit they will pm. (Eventhough i'm far away from a microcenter.)
Good luck, bring your poker face and expect to have to wait.

Back