Best deal on a 1151 right now?

IIvIIozzie

n00b
Updating my rig for general/gaming use. Considering moving up to the i5 6600k, I have a friend who is giving me a great deal on one. I'm not sure what would be the best way to go for motherboards right now. I'm not seeing a lot of solid deals out there so I was hoping someone could share some advice where to shop and some recommendations. I'll be using the same tower from mylast rig, Antec Lanboy, and I'm upgrading from a i7920. Also My old DDR3 Ram was DDR3 1600 Ripjaws and Corsair XMS3. I believe they are triple channel but not home to check. Would it really be worth moving up to something like the G.skill Rpjaws V series 16gb 2 x 8gb?

I'm trying to keep the price down so I'm looking for a nice middle of the road. My other issue for motherboard consideration is I have 2x 290's in crossfire and will have 6 hard drives ( 3 SSD's) so I certainly need some space on the board to connect everything.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

RIght now i'm thinking the
ASUS B150-PRO D3

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited:
would be best to know what your absolute budget is. are you choosing that board because newegg is offering a $30 rebate? you'll also have to deal with cf that operates at 16/4 pci-e lane split.

Back