Best Deal for Military personel?

Zohar78

[H]ard|Gawd
Im about to get deployed with in the next 2-3 months, and was wandering what was the best deal out there for military personel?
I like a lappy with atleast 128 mb 9700m and a good cpu preferably athlon 64.. im thinking 15-2500. for it. Any recomedations? im thinking about the dell xps inspiron. but dont know of any other good ones.

I would look at the Inspiron 9200, though the 9300 may be availible at the upper range of your price range with the updated dual channel pcie chipset and a high end vid card. Rumor is it will be out in a month or so. Stay safe and keep out of trouble on that deployment!

any reason thst you're stuck on an A64. Not that i'm banging it, I have 2 machines with 64 bit processors, but whats the need? curious, not starting stuuf. Also, thats a pretty nice budget you got there, using a little of the signing bonus ehh? what branch, i have friends in all of them, unfortunately all in iraq too. cept the squid. best of luck, check fatwallet and gotapex.com for the latest day-to-day deals on lappy's.

Im in National Guard as a MP. Been in since 2003 Oct. Officially they havnt said we were getting deployed, but unofficially we know we are. They dont just paint our Jungle Camo Humvees to desert camo for no reason. Plus u know how grapevines work.. My company cant be deployed but they can pull a platoon size detachment of soldiers that have not gone on a deployment to make our sister company (which will be deployed) full strength. The General of the state and Captain has already turned down a mission one time b/c of logistics, cant do it again.

im not stuck on a64, just said preferable.. Just for the money, a64 is overall better than p4. hmm 9200 looks nice. Sager notebooks look amazing for the money, Hmm never heard of them before now. whats the best place to buy one?

if you want to know more about seager, you can got to notebookforums.com it is sponsored by an authorized reseller and has model specific forums for you to check out individual pros and cons. Message me if you need further help, i'll do my best.

Hmm, Acer Ferrari!!!!, Definatly something for the guys to drool over. It might be a little outta your price range, but Its worth it.

P.S Don't tell me your not gonna pay for the ferrari logo!

You can get a nice barebones laptop from someone like r&j tech. I served for 8 years and got out 11 months ago. Good luck bro. My ex-fiance just left today. She called me right before manifest.

Also, Alienware give military discounts (I think 5%) and Hypersonic gives 3% military discounts. If you judiciously configure a Hypersonic Aviator AX-7 with an AMD Athlon 64 and MB Radeon 9700, you might get a good deal there. Check them out.

You really con't go wrong with a good barebones, or from a reputable company. I would inquire to all the companies you are interested in to see if they do give military discounts. It usually encomasses jpeging your id or paperwork to them.

Good luck.

Back