Best DDR2 800 w/ Q6600 & DFI P45-T2RS?

Hello,
After spending a couple hours in the search I've come up empty handed with this question.
I'm looking for some 2x2GB DDR2 800 and am not sure what to get, so what is the best memory to use with a 3+ GHz Q6600 and a DFI P45-T2RS?
The DDR2 1066 appears to not be worth the money as there wouldn't be any substantial performance gains for the price. (Unless you're willing to buy me some :p)

I intend to use a water block on this so I'm not looking for something with spreaders/heat pipes.

Thanks for your time,
-Joe

on my X38 and P45 I've used G.Skill, 4x2GB ddr2 800 4-4-4-12 @2.0v
ran well and OC's past 1000 with relaxed timings(I think these are the same modules as the PC8000 5-5-5-15 sticks)

I like and can reccomend the Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 series. I also have always liked Kingston memory as well.

Is there any performance difference between hose two models? I'm not intending to overclock it unless I'm gonna see substantial performance gains if I do but all the research I've seen has said otherwise.

What kind of applications will use more than 4gb? I've never owned more than 1gb and I would always hit that limit with gaming and game development.

Just to be on safe side, go the Website of the memory you decide on and make sure the RAM is compatible with your Mobo. Sadly, the MOBOs manufacturers have really outdated or sparse info concerning memory compatibilty.

I am going to upgrade to 4GB soon. I am going to go with Crucial Ballistix (as soon as it goes on sale!).

Is there any performance difference between hose two models? I'm not intending to overclock it unless I'm gonna see substantial performance gains if I do but all the research I've seen has said otherwise.

What kind of applications will use more than 4gb? I've never owned more than 1gb and I would always hit that limit with gaming and game development.

The XMS2 series have lower timings of 4-4-4-12. Most DDR2 come with 5-5-5-15 if I remember correctly...

1. I'm running the patriots at the moment on my Q6600 @ 3.4ghz (8 x 425mhz) on the Lanparty p45 jr. They've been running faultlessly on the 333/800 divider at about 1020 something, I believe, at 2.2v. I would recommend.

2. W/c you ram? As [H]ard as that is it's fairly common knowledge that DDR2, even running overclocked and overvolted, is almost never heat-limited. The patriots have a basic heatsink on them but I'm of the opinion that they'd operate at the same speed with them removed without a problem. Is there any particular reason for your desire to w/c them?

2) Pretty much all memory stick brand name have lifetime warranty. Including the Corsairs.

True, but some companies have added clauses, such as "lifetime warranty for the duration we make the product," or "lifetime warranty as long as you don't transfer the memory to another system."

Mushkin was one of the biggest sticklers regarding the latter.

LOL....we don't haggle over memory replacement. We're still replacing DDR kits from time to time. It's a bit of sad nostalgia when you see the rare failed Winbond BH-5 kit coming in for replacement. Those things were bullet proof.

Back