Best Danger Den block for a Athlon 3200

vodEVIL

Limp Gawd
Hi, I am looking for the best dangerden block for my cpu. I have been wanting to OC the hell out of it. I can post at 2.6 on air but it wont go into windows. So I know my cpu can handle OCing. What block will be the best for me? Its either between the Maze 4 or the RBX.

I would point you towards the Swiftech MCW6000, but if you insist on only using DD's stuff, then I would say go with their new TDX. I don't remember the exact name, but the TDX block made with silver performed much better than the regular one, so if you can find that one, go with it.

I was going to go with Danger Den because from what I hear they make the best blocks. I am open to getting anything. This is my first watercooling system and I want to make it the best I can. I am going to go with 3/8 tubing and a 5.25 bay res. Thats all that I have thus far. Still looking for a CPU and Northbridge block, and also a pump and radiator. I do however like the Swiftech 80mm fan radiators ( http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/ex-rad-05.html?mv_pc=3332 ), but I am always open for suggestions.

Look at MCW6000 or the Aqua Computer blocks.

Once again, SNT-systems is the main U.S. retailer for AC stuff.

I should have Swiftech's H2O 8600 kit today or tomorrow (Come on FedEx!), which basically has most of Swiftech's top products. It includes both the MCW6000 and MCR80 rad you mentioned, and is mostly configed for 1/2" outer diameter ( I think that means 3/8" inner diameter ). I'm going for a system very similair to the one you described, with a DD bay res as soon as they get some in stock (and my wallet refills, hehe) and a gpu block, but no chipset cooling (Doesn't do much for A64's). Also about the NB cooler, adding another block will give you less flow, and I've heard that a nice air cooler will do the job for the chipset.

Here's some reviews of Swiftech's stuff:
MCW6000-A CPU Block
Comparison of pumps, Swifty MCP600 included and top pick
H2O-8600 Kit

I couldn't really find a review of that Rad, and I suspect it will be kind of weak, but we'll see.

Danger Den does make nice blocks, the TDX is probably the best bet from them. DtekCustoms and Swiftech also make really good blocks.

Why are you going with 3/8 tubing? 1/2 tubing would improve performance significantly.
Also, if you have the space, try looking at a larger radiator like the Black Ice Extreme or the Dtek radiators.

Most northbridge blocks perform quite close, but the Switfech one has very low flow resistance so I'd advise you to get it.

Swiftech's MCP600 pump kicks ass.

Good luck with your first watercooling system. :)

The Swifty 6000 tests very high. The RBX is also a very good block, as are both TDX blocks.

I'm going with the RBX since I can get it locally (no TDX yet), and because I'm using a 1/2"ID system, so no Swifty for me. I don't want to have to play around with adapters and have even more leak potential.

The MCP600 pump is a great one. Don't be fooled by the low flow rate, since it has a higher head than most other small pumps. In a restrictive system (RBX,TDX,WW,etc) with a GPU block and a rad, it pumps more water than others. It's also hella quiet, and only chews up 9W from your power supply. 1/2" OD ports on the pump housing, so it's ready to go for a 1/2" ID system.

You should get MCW6002 which is made for 1/2ID, it is very close to the cascade block in terms of preformance.

Back