Best currently avail. 22" monitor for gaming?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by paleh0rse, Jul 19, 2007.

1. paleh0rse

paleh0rse [H]Lite

Ok, I've done enough research to know that the price/performance line is drawn at the 22" monitors. so, now my question to everyone here is this: For purely gaming purposes, what is the best 22" LCD monitor available for under $300?

Note: I need to have this by 26 July for a friend's birthday, so i don't think the new Samsung 226CW is an option, unless you know of where I can grab one before then!?

thanks in advance!

2. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Gawd

maybe 226bw then .They are making new ones with no way to see if you have S or A. Also someone mentioined that currently 226bw are better than in release date

3. paleh0rse

paleh0rse [H]Lite

my problem with the 226bw is that I need a way to guarantee an S-panel, or their just not worth the hassle... After all, it's a gift, so RMAing will be a pain the butt - not to mention embarrassing!

If you have a source for bonafied guaranteed S-panel 226bw's, please share!

4. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Gawd

read behardware 10pages article .It says that A and S panel are the same and above other displays. Just need calibrate A panel :rolleyes:

I am also want to but LCD22 And tkinking of 226bw:confused:

5. DerekMecca

DerekMecca Limp Gawd

6. THRESHIN

THRESHIN 2[H]4U

way to not read the first post DerekMecca

7. Rob36

Rob36 Limp Gawd

can i ask the question of the best one for gaming as well with a link? ... CW isnt out or something? when does it come out

8. Scyles

Scyles [H]ard|Gawd

This has been asked quite a few times before, and it always comes back to the 226bw with the S panel. The problem is that all of these 22" panels are TN panels, and most of them are from the same panel manufacturer. I think we need a process of elimination. Ask which ones suck, instead of which one is best.

9. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Gawd

do hp w22 suck

10. Pixelated Taco

Pixelated Taco Limp Gawd

My HP works beautifully and the gloss just makes the colors pop. Although it might be hard finding one under $300 bones unless they're on sale or someone is willing to part from one at that price.

11. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Gawd

its much cheaper than 226bw in Poland

12. paleh0rse

paleh0rse [H]Lite

anyone find a guaranteed source for 226BW S-panel monitors?

I'm not sure the CW is worth the extra 80 bones just for the color gamut improvement... DOH!