Best console game ever

ba537220eca0fdd216d64010.L.jpg

One of the only console game to get a perfect 10 score at gamespot.com

Zelda for LIFE!

Im not sure about best ever, but Military Madness was a hell of a game. I was expecting advance wars to be better, but it wasn't. Where is the surround effect?

Blue Falcon said:
ba537220eca0fdd216d64010.L.jpg

One of the only console game to get a perfect 10 score at gamespot.com

Zelda for LIFE!

i just went on game spot theres 3 other console games with a 10.0 score

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 PS2 10.0
Chrono Cross PS 10.0
Soul Calibur DC 10.0
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time N64 10.0

roninblade said:

Chrono Cross PS 10.0
Soul Calibur DC 10.0

you would wouldn't you?

regardless the fact that those four received perfect 10's out of thousands of other games means something

roninblade said:

Chrono Cross PS 10.0
Soul Calibur DC 10.0

He didn't say the only, he said one of the only.

rayman2k2 said:
you would wouldn't you?

regardless the fact that those four received perfect 10's out of thousands of other games means something
THPS3 did NOT deserve a 10 rating.

It was good, but far from a 10... well not FAR, but... all I know is that it wasn't perfect. lol

roninblade said:

Chrono Cross PS 10.0
Soul Calibur DC 10.0

You did? Really? In your haste for "intarweb pwnage" did you happen to actually READ my post?

I said one of the only games to recieve a perfect 10 score on gamespot.

There, I even hilighted it for you this time so you wouldn't be confused Try again, kiddo. :)

Super Mario Bros 3 should go down as the greatest single console game ever - it was, after all, the first to sell a million copies on a single console.

Blue Falcon said:
You did? Really? In your haste for "intarweb pwnage" did you happen to actually READ my post?

I said one of the only games to recieve a perfect 10 score on gamespot.

There, I even hilighted it for you this time so you wouldn't be confused Try again, kiddo. :)

calm down buddy, to quote yourself "In your quest for internet pwnage did you even read his post"?
Never once did he claim to try to be proving you wrong, he is simply adding a bit of information to this thread. Why does everyone on the internet need to find some way to take personal offense to everything that is said?

Erasmus354 said:
calm down buddy, to quote yourself "In your quest for internet pwnage did you even read his post"?
Never once did he claim to try to be proving you wrong, he is simply adding a bit of information to this thread. Why does everyone on the internet need to find some way to take personal offense to everything that is said?

Sometimes....

Sometimes I think they need to make the smilies like eight times bigger than they are...

...for the visually handicapped, you know? ;)

And my second best pic for best console game would be "Tales of Phantasia" on the SNES. Granted it was only released in Japan but maaaan it was an awesome game. :)

More lighthearted pics would be Super Mario 3 and Super Mario World.

Does anyone remember how awesome it was when "Super Mario All-Stars" came out on the SNES? They really did an awesome job of re-vamping all the old Mario games...

I think the most revolutionairy console game would be Mario 64, as for the best game ever I'd go with Zelda: OOT just because of the long lasting impression the game left with me, I pretty much compare any future game experience I have to OOT (not one has surpassed it yet though :()

Chrono Cross
FF VI (III in the states I think)
The original Zelda and the one on N64

As you can tell...I like RPGs on consoles.

Final Fantasy V!!
Super Mario Brothers 3
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Mario 64
Axelay
Mortal Kombat 2
Kirby's Dreamland
Trizeal
Soul Calibur II
Street Fighter Alpha 3(Dreamcast Version)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2(Dreamcast Version)
Ikaruga
Megaman Legends
Xenogears
Steel Reign
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Mario Kart Double Dash
Super Mario Strikers
Armored Core Nexus
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Sly 2: Band Of Thieves
Kingdom Hearts
Gradius V
King Of Fighters 2003
Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum
Tekken 5

*Fires up PS2, PSX, Gamecube, and Dreamcast as well as NES, SNES, and N64 emulators*

Super Mario 3.

The Ratchet and Clank games may be the most underrated games ever, I would put them right up with SMB3, FFVII, Zelda OOT, etc.

Man that cartridge pic brings back memories. Headed down to a buddies house to spend the night. Talked the Dad into stopping at Toy's r Us for a new game. Walked around the game section for like ever. Couldn't make up my mind. Finally picked up Rambo, pretty much on whim. Got to my buddies place and got dogged for buying a loser. Then I started playing it. Pretty soon my buddy was reevaluating his opinion. Quickly after that, we were laughing saying, you know? This is game is all whip ass! I dunno if I consider it the best of all time. (Quickly covers chest hair in an effort to not have it torn out like Chuck! :D ) But it was damn good. Also I loved Top Secret Episode: Golgo 13. Rarely hear it mentioned and wonder if I am alone on that one.
Best of all time, I just have too many favorites to list just one.

Back