Best console game ever

Brucelee

Gawd
rambo-nintendo.jpg

I hate consoles but this is the best game ever made!!!:p Company leader to identify Baker Team - Rambo, Messner, Ortega, Coletta, Jurgensen, Barry, Krakauer confirm!

figures. only someone who "hates consoles" would choose that Stanley Steamer of a game as "best game ever made".

:D

killedaway said:
figures. only someone who "hates consoles" would choose that Stanley Steamer of a game as "best game ever made".

:D

RAMBO kicks some serious ass in this adventure... :p

Please start threads in the proper forum.

Oh, and the answer is clearly Bangai-O, just so's ya know.

Heres my top three list:

1.) Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
2.) FF VII
3.) SNES - Metroid

Ooooh, Pit Fighter. That game was awesome. The best part was that the console game was as good looking as the arcade version.

My favorite console game... Hmmmm. I always vote the same way.

Final Fantasy Tactics for PS1. Best game ever. Didn't really need to make any games after that, except for the Metal Gear series. Now a remake of FFT would be awesome. No voices, just better graphics and more special weapons (as if it didn't have enough already :) )

Jason711 said:
herzog zwei - sega genesis

my first RTS.

Oh yes. That was a fantastic game. I got it when my parents bought a bunch of cheap Genesis games (as Christmas presents) from a rental place that was going out of business. They had no idea what they were buying, but I imagine they were all cheap as hell. Talk about lucky draw.

Don't forget Predator for NES. It was awesome when you paused it and accidentally pressed B; cause it would kill you for no reason.

Rambo sucked, I much would rather play double dragon, ghost&goblins or Ninja Gaiden anyday over it.

Ah Rambo...
The funniest thing about that game is that it was precursor to Zelda 2, which ran on the same engine.
I remember that if you put in a password of all one character (I can't recall which one), you'd start with all weapons and certain enemies would be big-headed representations of the game designers.

Best console game EVER? Super Mario Bros. 3, Street Fighter 2, GTA: SA, Mario Kart 64, Madden '94...way too many others.

sculelos said:
Rambo sucked, I much would rather play double dragon, ghost&goblins or Ninja Gaiden anyday over it.

rambo will draw first blood on your ass now :p

Oh shit, I totally forgot about Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos.

First and only game I ever rented more than twice. (That and Strider on Sega Genesis...)

Domingo said:
Ah Rambo...
The funniest thing about that game is that it was precursor to Zelda 2, which ran on the same engine.
I remember that if you put in a password of all one character (I can't recall which one), you'd start with all weapons and certain enemies would be big-headed representations of the game designers.

Best console game EVER? Super Mario Bros. 3, Street Fighter 2, GTA: SA, Mario Kart 64, Madden '94...way too many others.
Super Mario Bros. 3 FTW!!! that and the origanal Mario Bros., very good games, in fact, they are about the ONLY games my mom or sister will play too. so yeah.........very good!

Slartibartfast said:
Please start threads in the proper forum.

Oh, and the answer is clearly Bangai-O, just so's ya know.
that's the first sensible thing i've read in ages. Baingai-O! is a fantastic game. it's glued into my DC.

MYSTic Jedi said:
Super Mario Bros. 3 FTW!!! that and the origanal Mario Bros., very good games, in fact, they are about the ONLY games my mom or sister will play too. so yeah.........very good!
Super Mario World > Super Mario Bros. 3

-runs and hides

Soul Calibur for Fighter
FF7 for RPG
GT2 for Racer
Goldeneye for FPS
NHL 95 on Genesis for Sports

GoldenEye. Almost all my memories of gaming more than 5 years ago involve this game.

K600 said:
There are too many great games to pick a best.

I feel the same way as there are too many to pick a best of favorite. I really liked the original Sonic games, and I was especially fond of the Strider and the Streets of Rage series on Genesis. I was a seasoned PC gamer, but also have to give nods to Halo as one of the best ever in my opinion. I also can't forget about the Phantasy Star series and their beginnings on the Sega Master and Sega Genesis.

Back