Best Company Warranty for Used cards and 1080 Ti v 2080 v Radeon VII

edo101

Limp Gawd
I'm having an upgrade itch. Game on a 4K OLED TV. Want to upgrade but also want to save money

I considered the 2080 Ti BE but i can't get myself to spend 1000 bucks on GFX card. I'm still a student anyways and even though I can afford it with jobs, it just seems ethically wrong

So I started looking at the 3 cards. I want to try 3D on my TV and Nvidia seems to have a better underground community for that stuff. Which seems like it'd eliminate the Radeon VII. What I feel about the VII is that it will end up outperforming the 2080 and 1080 Ti with driver updates. I think it already is?

Lastly we have the Nvidia cards. RTX is dead to me feature wise. DLSS sucks and RTX trying to play at 1440p/4K is not doable with a 2080. So I guess to save a hundred or two hundred bucks I should go with a 1080 Ti?

Question now is, which company has the most gracious transferrable warrranty?

EVGA

Warranty is transferable and is on the card itself.

Radeon 7 won’t end up faster than 2080 IMO. They still have optimization they can do on the RTX and DLSS features. Bigger gains than will be done on the Radeon 7. We’ve already seen very big performance boosts with RTX so far.

It may be that the 2080 ends up okay for RTX and DLSS after the tech matures a bit more (whereas at release only the 2080ti was capable)

https://www.fullexposure.photography/rtx-2080-vs-gtx-1080-ti-benchmark-review/

Last edited:
EVGA

Warranty is transferable and is on the card itself.

Radeon 7 won’t end up faster than 2080 IMO. They still have optimization they can do on the RTX and DLSS features. Bigger gains than will be done on the Radeon 7. We’ve already seen very big performance boosts with RTX so far.

Just saw a 1080 Ti SC BE for 500 locally. Thinking Imma pull the trigger on it. Should bstill be under warranty

Just saw a 1080 Ti SC BE for 500 locally. Thinking Imma pull the trigger on it. Should bstill be under warranty
Good card. I have one myself. It’s the one I kept of the near 30 1080ti cards I had.

One thing to note. You can’t change the color of the LED on the SC Black. It’s white only. You have to go to the SC Black 2 to get the Customizable RGB lighting. If that matters to you. Otherwise EXCELLENT card. Fans stop at desktop or low use to save wear and tear, high quality, well made, heavy, cool, nice back plate, silent. A great card. My favorite of the dozen or so of the various mode and brand 1080ti I’ve had my hand on with my mining experience.

Last edited:
Good card. I have one myself. It’s the one I kept of the near 30 1080ti cards I had.

One thing to note. You can’t change the color of the LED on the SC Black. It’s white only. You have to go to the SC Black 2 to get the Customizable RGB lighting. If that matters to you. Otherwise EXCELLENT card. Fans stop at desktop or low use to save wear and tear, high quality, well made, heavy, cool, nice back plate, silent. A great card. My favorite of the dozen or so of the various mode and brand 1080ti I’ve had my hand on with my mining experience.

Do you still have some of those left to sell? In case this one falls through

Do you still have some of those left to sell? In case this one falls through
Nope. All gone. But $500-$550 for a 1080ti is a pretty standard price range. You’ll see some at this prices in this forums for sale/for trade section.

There is a Vega 64 sapphire for $375 in the FS section. That’s a really high quality card if you were considering the Radeon VII for $700 the sapphire for $375 is a better value. But the 1080ti or Radeon VII is faster as you know.

Freesync is quite nice. Gsync is quite nice. If you can make one of this happen make sure and go for it.

https://hardforum.com/threads/fs-sapphire-v64-nitro.1977611/

Nope. All gone. But $500-$550 for a 1080ti is a pretty standard price range. You’ll see some at this prices in this forums for sale/for trade section.

There is a Vega 64 sapphire for $375 in the FS section. That’s a really high quality card if you were considering the Radeon VII for $700 the sapphire for $375 is a better value. But the 1080ti or Radeon VII is faster as you know.

Freesync is quite nice. Gsync is quite nice. If you can make one of this happen make sure and go for it.

https://hardforum.com/threads/fs-sapphire-v64-nitro.1977611/

So I moved from the R9 290 to a 1080 Ti black edition. I've noticed that Afterburner won't show my clock speeds. Also I don't know how to overclock the card. Do I need to reinstall afterburner and enable some setting in the controlpanel to be able to overclock my card?

So I moved from the R9 290 to a 1080 Ti black edition. I've noticed that Afterburner won't show my clock speeds. Also I don't know how to overclock the card. Do I need to reinstall afterburner and enable some setting in the controlpanel to be able to overclock my card?
You should reinstall Windows, IMO, after switching video card vendors.

Alt
You can uninstall AMD drivers with a first party AMD driver utility. Then install Nvidia drivers again. The fact MSI afterburner can’t read clocks is indicative you have a problem. You don’t need to do anything to overclock with afterburner. Just get working drivers.

Alt
You can uninstall AMD drivers with a first party AMD driver utility. Then install Nvidia drivers again. The fact MSI afterburner can’t read clocks is indicative you have a problem. You don’t need to do anything to overclock with afterburner. Just get working drivers.

Ok, I'll go with the AMD uninstallation. The games are running like they should. Prbly just an AFB issue which I will attempt to fix by uninstalling AFB

Alt

Does the Black Edition boost automatically? Or do you need to set it manually to do something like that? And it appears I need to change my AFB skin in other to get it to show my speeds. The old skin for whatever reason doesn't work

I also would avoid the FE cards for an HTPC build that's sitting out in the open...the new FE cards have a minimum fan speed of 41%. While that means the fan won't really ramp up for gaming, it means it always sounds like it's on full load. It's actually louder than the Pascal blower which idles at 28%...

Does the Black Edition boost automatically? Or do you need to set it manually to do something like that? And it appears I need to change my AFB skin in other to get it to show my speeds. The old skin for whatever reason doesn't work
Yes. All 1080Ti cards boost automatically. How much they automatically boost is partially a function of temperature.

I don’t even manually overclock mine, I have, but I stopped because I couldn’t tell the difference in my gaming experience outside of benchmarking.

Yes. All 1080Ti cards boost automatically. How much they automatically boost is partially a function of temperature.

I don’t even manually overclock mine, I have, but I stopped because I couldn’t tell the difference in my gaming experience outside of benchmarking.

I ask because I've noticed the 1080 Ti boosting past its rated boost speeds and I didn't touch anything. the core clocks goes all the way to 1900 Mhz instead of the 1600mhz

Back