best combo of mobo and this new m amd cpu

gene74

Limp Gawd
Itching to upgrade, i wanted to get that new amd 2600 m cpu. what mobo to get? leaning towards abit nf7-s. Is that a good board? Of course i will try to oc it. Does it lock the AGP/PCI? so when i OC it,it doesnt affect my soundcard and video card. also if i upgrade my mobo and cpu, what memory do i get? i currently have pc 2700 1 gig, corsair. thanks guys.

Sometimes the line is blurry on where to post a thread, since you're asking about a cpu/mainboard combo type question i'll recommend and NF7-S or DFI Infinity Ultra. Those two will get you the highest oc's with the Infinity probably having the edge due to higher voltage options. Either mobo is likely to hit 215fsb or higher.

Pick the mobo that has the features and accessories you like.

Edit: You might want to look at the Mobile Barton 2400+, it's only $77 and people are already getting great results with them. No matter which you pick it'll be luck of the draw though....no guarantees.

Get the infinity. People have been reporting FSB of 270..

The newer NF-7s have been having problems, I'd steer clear..

Originally posted by Mag Master
Get the infinity. People have been reporting FSB of 270..
wow, didn't know they were that good. How common is it for people to reach at least 240 fsb or higher?

Mag, would the DFI have agp/pci locks so it wouldnt affect my cards in case i OC the cpu? THanks for all the input.

There should be an option in the BIOS where you can set the AGP speed - and on nf2 boards, the PCI is set to 1/2 of whatever your AGP is..At least that's how it is on my NF7-S, and with any of the nf2 reviews I've seen around the web.

Back