best chair under $100?

Gabe3

2[H]4U
this sealy chair I have is at the end of its life. I could probably buy the cheapest chair on amazon and it would be better, and those are around 50, but I figured I'd ask first to see what is recommend. I just had lower back surgery so something with lumbar support is probably a good idea. besides that, adjustable arm rests would be nice. I don't really know if I should get a "gaming chair" or a office chair. I game but not really sure if thats a reason to get one.

I also want gaming chair for gaming as the chair which I have is not that much comfortable and because of that i am having back pain because of that so kindly do let me know if you find one
I got this one a couple days ago from staples: https://www.staples.com/staples-hazen-mesh-task-chair/product_1058246

its on sale now for $95. it has great back support. the floor model tried out in the store was a early revision, because the one I got out of the box had a firmer seat and smoother arm rests, both which I wanted.

it has 4.5 rating on staples with 570 reviews. but the staples website is a POS and only shows the reviews on the mobile version for this chair.

the hyken model is another popular one, I was split between the two. theres a little less back support on the hyken. and I was unsure about a mesh seat. I didn't like the plastic mesh all that much. the hazen has cloth mesh.

Last edited:
The term "chair for under $100" and the word "best" don't belong in the same sentence.
Under $100 is junk.
You might find a good one on sale for under $200, but mostly you need to spend over $200 for a good one ... especially if you have back and posture issues.
No more cheap chairs for me.

Spend $100 on some large feather cushions for your sofa and game from there.

this sealy chair I have is at the end of its life. I could probably buy the cheapest chair on amazon and it would be better, and those are around 50, but I figured I'd ask first to see what is recommend. I just had lower back surgery so something with lumbar support is probably a good idea. besides that, adjustable arm rests would be nice. I don't really know if I should get a "gaming chair" or a office chair. I game but not really sure if thats a reason to get one.
If you are not really sure if you should get an office chair or a gaming chair you are probably better off with a regular office chair. Amazon has some pretty fantastic ones for around 100 dollars. Whereas proper gaming chairs usually require atleast 150dollars. I can recommend the office chair listed under budget options here: https://www.progamerreview.com/best-gaming-chair/ and if not then the kinsal https://www.amazon.com/Kinsal-Ergon...ie-20&linkId=54261e4d50cd44aa21f4b67c78ac631e which is probably the best gaming chair for around 100 dollars, but it does go a bit above it. Btw, new to the forum, came here to learn about windows 10 optimization, dunno if I am allowed to link yet, if not, I apologize.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'd aim for a non-gamer oriented chair, like an Ikea Markus or used Steelcase/Herman Miller chair but you may have to up your budget to $200+.

I had an IKEA Markus and I would not recommend it. The cloth fabric they use for the seat is too slippery and I always slide into a bad posture.

I had an IKEA Markus and I would not recommend it. The cloth fabric they use for the seat is too slippery and I always slide into a bad posture.

I've gone through 5+ "Office Chairs" in the last ten or so years, until I just gave up on them.
You'll laugh, but the best computer chair I've ever had in my life was actually a 'sewing chair' - bought at a local sewing machine dealer. It's about three years old (bought as a showroom sample)... but just as good now as when new. When it goes I'll buy another exactly like it.
It's the same egonomic principle (sewing/gaming sitting)... sturdy + back and butt support for sitting hunched over for hours at a time.

Back