Best CD/DVD burning program

Jannorr

Gawd
So I got a new HP laptop a few months ago and am learning to truly hate the Sonic MyDVD Plus software that was bundled with the machine. What are your suggestions for a replacement program?

I have always used RecordNOW Max, however that does not support this drive.

I am not a uneducated or new user. I am not interested in everything being wizard driven. I want as much functionality as possible. Thank you in advance.

ImgBurn is my new favorite.

I've used a few others in the past and I do like Nero a lot, but after awhile Nero always seems to get problems (random crashing or freezing explorer). You can do more with ImgBurn anyway... and it's free :cool:

bigger learning curve though. There is no nifty burning wizard but it's not too hard to figure out.

I used Nero 6 reloaded for quite a good time, then got a promotion for a free download of Ashampoo Burning Studio 2007 and found it to work great for my needs, so no more Nero for me :D

I've used a few others in the past and I do like Nero a lot, but after awhile Nero always seems to get problems (random crashing or freezing explorer). You can do more with ImgBurn anyway... and it's free :cool:

bigger learning curve though. There is no nifty burning wizard but it's not too hard to figure out.

Looks perfect. Thanks a lot.

~Aaron

how do you compare imgburn and cdburnerxp pro?

Only thing is, afaik ImgBurn is just for images and won't help you with data DVD's. For that, you'd need something like CDBurnerXP Pro (only I can't vouch it, having never had to burn a data DVD yet).

I have not tried CDBurnerXP yet. I'll test it out at work this week.
Only thing is, afaik ImgBurn is just for images and won't help you with data DVD's. For that, you'd need something like CDBurnerXP Pro (only I can't vouch it, having never had to burn a data DVD yet).
ImgBurn allows you to create data CD/DVDs pretty easily.

You just go to 'Mode' then select 'Build'. Then either click on the browse button to select the data, or just drag and drop from Windows Explorer.

oh.. and by default that will create an image file I think.. you have to go to 'Output' at the top then select 'Device', then you can choose your burner as the Destination to burn directly to a CD or DVD :)

I downloaded CDBurnerXP at work today.. I didn't know the latest version was over two years old! Is there another release of the most current version I should be using? Or do most people use version 3.0.116?

I use DVD decrypter to decrypt, or copy dvds, it works flawlessly
I use Nero 7 Ultra to burn xvids to DVD
Alcohol 120 is also said to be good

I've always been a fan of Nero Burning Rom. I'm currently on Nero 6 Ultra, and I'm thinking about upgrading to Nero 7.

Back