Best Case under $200?

tylertoast

Limp Gawd
Im building a new computer here soon and am completely selling my old build.

The case on that was the Orange Corsair 230T, which was a really nice case whilst I had it.

Anyways im looking for something better and iyo looks nicer.

It will have all the regular parts, no water cooling or anything fancy, it will have a AIO 240mm water cooler for my CPU but thats about it.

Case choices are pretty personal.
The new Corsair 280T looks interesting.
I like a number of the Rosewill cases among others. Choose looks, read reviews.

I've been thinking about finally replacing my trusty old P180B for a Skylake build... but I feel quite certain that USB Type C is going to be the future default USB connector for a very long time and I don't really want to get a case without it.

When cases do start coming with USB Type C, I'll be watching what Corsair does in the Obsidian line, and also see if the Fractal Design Define R5 gets an update to R6.

P.S.: The Fractal Design Define R5 is $130 and is worth a look. Googling for "Fractal Design Define R5 vs Corsair 450D" gets a lot of back-and-forth between people who prefer one over the other.

Im building a new computer here soon and am completely selling my old build.

The case on that was the Orange Corsair 230T, which was a really nice case whilst I had it.

Anyways im looking for something better and iyo looks nicer.

It will have all the regular parts, no water cooling or anything fancy, it will have a AIO 240mm water cooler for my CPU but thats about it.

For best case under $200 I would say the Corsair Graphite 760T in white/black, looks amazing, great airflow.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139055&cm_re=corsair_760t-_-11-139-055-_-Product

2nd choice is Corsair Obsidian 750D,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139060&cm_re=corsair_750d-_-11-139-060-_-Product

If this is just about getting a better case that does a great job for the money I would say any of the following for around $100will work very well for you

Phanteks Enthoo Pro
Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Corsair Obsidian 450D

It's probably not in the tier you're looking at, but I really like my Fractal Define R5. Plenty of great features, quiet, and a clean look.

I've been thinking about finally replacing my trusty old P180B for a Skylake build... but I feel quite certain that USB Type C is going to be the future default USB connector for a very long time and I don't really want to get a case without it.

When cases do start coming with USB Type C, I'll be watching what Corsair does in the Obsidian line, and also see if the Fractal Design Define R5 gets an update to R6.

P.S.: The Fractal Design Define R5 is $130 and is worth a look. Googling for "Fractal Design Define R5 vs Corsair 450D" gets a lot of back-and-forth between people who prefer one over the other.

Hard to compare the 450d which is an air flow case to the R5 which is a silent case, but I would agree it is also a great case

It's hard to pick a case for someone, because people like different things. Any of the Corsair cases are nice, I have a couple pc's in R200's that have been great. I am a fan of the Fractal R5 also, I actually plan on picking one up when I build my wife a new pc.
If you want a case with a little more personality, the NXZT H440s and the Phantom 630 are pretty nice.

Really, you have to just get out there and look around. Figure out what your needs are and go from there.

Im open to any design really, keep in mind I had an all orange case haha. I really do like the new Corsair 760T and 780T.

Does anyone recommend the 600T? still? I know its an old case but imo it looks amazing

I would vote for the Fractal R5... amazing case for the price. I have been buying them since the R3. Excellent cases indeed!

I really like the cases from NZXT. They have a bunch of different models under $200 depending on what you are looking for.

I would vote for the Fractal R5... amazing case for the price. I have been buying them since the R3. Excellent cases indeed!

I also had the R3, and then the R5. Although the outside pretty much looks the same, the improvements they made inside thrilled me. It made me feel like it was worth spending another 100 dollars on the case and thinking of it as an upgrade. Not sure what else they can do to make an R6 (assuming that happens) any better, but I look forward to seeing what they come up with.

What do you guys think of the Orange and Black NZXT H440?

I think it gets destroyed by the awesome Black and green version!

its all up to you man, get what you think is cool. My only issue with the NZXT cases is the lack of 5.25 bays that I still need and I do not like top mounted controls and ports. Very nice looking case with great internals otherwise

Well. The main issue with my Corsair build was that I had a Orange and Blue theme going on and a yellow logo'd RM750 , I figured I can do that with this case, just hiding the PSU

Buy some Vinyl wrap in whatever color you want and cover the side of the PSU, if you want to get fancy you can cut out just the lettering. The carbonfiber looking textured stuff is the easiest to work with for small stuff because it doesnt stretch as easy, but if you just want to cover the entire side of something any of them will work well.

Last edited:
For fullsize form factor my vote goes to a bit unsual one.

A Phanteks Enthoo Evolv - http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-EVOLV-ATX.html or http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/07/02/phanteks_enthoo_evolv_atx_mid_tower_chassis_review

They're backordered for another week but after I saw that case in person it grew on me quite a bit and the previous Phanteks cases (Enthoo Pro/Enthoo MATX) both were really solid offerings for the price. Plus look at those HDD sleds...how freaking nice are those!

I also really like the Evolv ATX but I've never actually seen it for sale. I'm not sure I'm in the market anyway but I'd be tempted if they actually put that case up for sale

I also really like the Evolv ATX but I've never actually seen it for sale. I'm not sure I'm in the market anyway but I'd be tempted if they actually put that case up for sale

I really wanted the Enthoo pro M but I couldn't find it for sale either
Still says "SHIPPING DATE 08/24/2015"

The "Enthoo Pro" is for sale right now

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854003
http://www.amazon.com/Phanteks-Enthoo-Chassis-Window-PH-ES614P_BK/dp/B00K6S1B3Q

But it doesn't have the same looks as the Enthoo Evolv ATX, its still a great case and I know a couple of places that named it case of the year for 2014.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
my vote goes to the Ncase m1

Does that come in orange?

OP might not be going for a SFF mini-ITX build. That's quite a different thing from "all the regular parts, no water cooling or anything fancy".

it does not, but the only thing he would have to change is the motherboard. Besides that it fits everything including a 240mm aio

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Woah.

The Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV is actually perfect. Only issue is that I can't seem to find an orange one around. Time to start modding? /joke

Yeah that and the H440 Orange/Black are at a tie right now. Ill be honest.

For fullsize form factor my vote goes to a bit unsual one.

A Phanteks Enthoo Evolv - http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-EVOLV-ATX.html or http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/07/02/phanteks_enthoo_evolv_atx_mid_tower_chassis_review

They're backordered for another week but after I saw that case in person it grew on me quite a bit and the previous Phanteks cases (Enthoo Pro/Enthoo MATX) both were really solid offerings for the price. Plus look at those HDD sleds...how freaking nice are those!

When this case finally makes it to Newegg, I'll be retiring my 650d. I really liked the interior of the Enthoo Luxe, but the front just didn't strike my fancy.

+Phanteks

Amazing cases, highly underrated IMO

highly unavailable!!:eek::mad::rolleyes:
sorry I really wanted the Enthoo Pro M model but I could not find one at the time and in fact it still says "SHIPPING DATE 08/24/2015"

I am happy with my Corsair 450D, but I did a lot of research and really wanted the Phanteks case

Back