Best case + PSU combo?

midas06

n00b
^ topic

I've heard good things about teh Antec Sonata 2, any other suggestions?

Despite some of the problems people have had with the antec 430 ps included with the white P150 case, the PS (when pp aren't getting problematic ones, which is alot) has been highly rated.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129166

I would have bought one of those and gave it a shot on the PS since it's such a good deal but I just couldn't go white; got the SOLO instead and the liberty modular 500w ps.

Ya better start lifting weights if you're getting one of those 2 cases :eek:

jonny, since that case isn't sold here (in NZ), any other suggestions?

Korruption and oozish, would those be better than the sonata2? They're about the same price

midas06 said:
jonny, since that case isn't sold here (in NZ), any other suggestions?

Korruption and oozish, would those be better than the sonata2? They're about the same price
Do you really have to purchase the case and psu together? Often you can get a decent case and a better psu separately for not much more than the combo. Of course it may not be that easy in New Zealand..

If you're in OZ/NZ, I'd suggest finding a dealer that sells Akasa. YCC built cases and Enhance built PSU's. CRUSH Antec. Like five times better than anything Antec puts out.

For my Conroe build I just paired an Antec P180 with an Antec TruPower II 550w. It worked perfectly with my Intel BadAxe mobo.

-=PESTILENCE=- said:
For my Conroe build I just paired an Antec P180 with an Antec TruPower II 550w. It worked perfectly with my Intel BadAxe mobo.
I am assuming you go the TruePower II 550W EPS12V.

jonnyGURU said:
If you're in OZ/NZ, I'd suggest finding a dealer that sells Akasa. YCC built cases and Enhance built PSU's. CRUSH Antec. Like five times better than anything Antec puts out.

:( they're not sold here either. Thanks anyway

Back