Best Case for keeping things cool ?

ead

Limp Gawd
Hello
I am looking for the BEST case out there when it come to coolinh my rig.
I want something big (can hold up to SLI, 3 HD, 2 DVD and ATX board)
Also, don't bring me Water or Gas, just a usuall one with an high quality aluminum and best air cooling

Thank you!

....gas? Okay I'm curious now. What gas are you talking about?

"Best" in a case is a pretty personal decision, we can't tell you what case you'll like best. You can get cases for $70 that will give you roughly the same temperatures as a $300 case, if all you're concerned about is cooling. Two video cards, 3 hard drives 2 opticals and a standard ATX motherboard isn't that much, so the field is wide open.

The Cooler Master 590 and 690 are <$80 and have ample fan mounting locations and will fit all your stuff, for example.

I want something MONSTER like the Coolermaster cosmo or something in that height.

As for price - even up to 500$

A friend of mine said that the Zalman
Z-MACHINE GT1000 is the best

What do you think?

Zalman cases are generally peices of junk. Take a look at the Silverstone TJ10. It is spendy but its a big case with great air cooling, and its got great build quality. Coolermaster Cosmos isn't too shabby either, or the Stackers.

Well
I was thinking of taking the CoolerMAster Cosmo S (new one)
And replacing fans and insert new ones (means having 120MM fans, and one 200 MM on the side ).
So I can have the highest 120MM CFM out there

What do you think?
Is there something even better than that?

Lian Li V2100 maybe. Also, more fans aren't always necessary or better. After a certain point they're just loud as hell. Going with the "highest CFM fans you can find" is a bad idea as well -- that'd leave you with a case full of Deltas or high speed Panaflos. Good luck living in the same house as that thing, nevermind the same room.

Well I won't put fans that loaud, it will be more of a fans that bring up to 40DB, something I can live with it.

Well I won't put fans that loaud, it will be more of a fans that bring up to 40DB, something I can live with it.

40dB x 6-8 is still going to be really loud. 2 28dB fans don't end up 28dB together -- it stacks. True, not 28 + 28, but not just 28, either.

silverstone TJ10 or TJ09 or if you are planning on using a large aircooler like the Thermalright unttra 120, you may have trouble with the side panel fan on the cosmos S...

I have found that large fans (and most fans in general) mounted on the side panel don't do all that much to change any airflow in the case, thats why i bought the antec 900, because the 200mm fan at the top just rips all the hot air off the cpu, chipset and mosfets, straight out the top of the case...

Isn't it better having a case made full of aluminum ?
Also, I want it to be big, made of high quality aluminum (all of it) and with a lot of high size (120MM or more) fans.
And to really "FREEZE" cold

Also, I want it to be big, made of high quality aluminum (all of it) and with a lot of high size (120MM or more) fans.

hate to break it to you it's not gonna be frosty in there. imagine keeping maybe 4 light bulbs inside a closed box. I think looking at something that cools efficently is key. I have my 6600, dual 3850's and 2 raptors inside an antec sonata. 2 120mm fans. never had a problem.

"Monster" case brings the Antec 900 or 1200 to mind. They also got the room for fans although I dont really like em.

Lian Li makes the pro aluminum cases though. They also have some pretty large towers.

Why have you made two threads both with similar questions? Why didn't you make them into one thread?

Aluminum is for looks and weight it has nothing to do with how well the case cools.

Also it can't "freeze", because the lowest temperature you can physically reach is the temperature of the air outside of the case (i.e. ambient). So unless you set it outside in the dead of winter or live in a walk-in freezer, that's not going to happen

If you're looking for a case you can spend $500 on that gives you 10 degrees lower temperatures than a $70 case, you're going to be looking forever. A good $70 case will give you the same temperatures, roughly, as a good $300 case.

The extra dollars doesn't buy you better cooling, just more features and space which from the specs you have listed, you dont need. So if you're gonna spend all that money get something that looks good on the outside and not like an obnoxious peice of plastic.

Hell, just go buy a rocketfish full tower case from BB for $47 and put 4 or 5 extra 120mms and there ya go, good-looking, and cool!

Hello
I am looking for the BEST case out there when it come to coolinh my rig.
I want something big (can hold up to SLI, 3 HD, 2 DVD and ATX board)
Also, don't bring me Water or Gas, just a usuall one with an high quality aluminum and best air cooling

Thank you!

the coolermaster stacker 830 is by far the best case for cooling, you can load it with tons of fans, I find one front , back and two side fans is quite adequate, use good fans like panaflos or scyhte s flex and a good thermalright heatsink like the si 128 and you will get very good temps without all the fuss of water cooling yet with the same or better results.

Aluminum is for looks and weight it has nothing to do with how well the case cools.

Also it can't "freeze", because the lowest temperature you can physically reach is the temperature of the air outside of the case (i.e. ambient). So unless you set it outside in the dead of winter or live in a walk-in freezer, that's not going to happen

If you're looking for a case you can spend $500 on that gives you 10 degrees lower temperatures than a $70 case, you're going to be looking forever. A good $70 case will give you the same temperatures, roughly, as a good $300 case.

The extra dollars doesn't buy you better cooling, just more features and space which from the specs you have listed, you dont need. So if you're gonna spend all that money get something that looks good on the outside and not like an obnoxious peice of plastic.

the coolermaster stacker 839 is 249 and there is no 70 dollar case that can make the statement of this case, four side fans can be mounted on it's side bracket, one top fan, one to three front fans, one rear fan. ALUMINUM, large enough for everything and NO there are no70 dollar cases that can cool like the stacker 830 case can sorry but there are some cases out there that are worth the expense and will last through several builds and upgrades.

silverstone TJ10 or TJ09 or if you are planning on using a large aircooler like the Thermalright unttra 120, you may have trouble with the side panel fan on the cosmos S...

I have found that large fans (and most fans in general) mounted on the side panel don't do all that much to change any airflow in the case, thats why i bought the antec 900, because the 200mm fan at the top just rips all the hot air off the cpu, chipset and mosfets, straight out the top of the case...

yes large fans and most side fans dont do much.........but the true reason why they dont perform well is because the OEM fans and large fans have extremely low CFM ratings and are barely pushing any air around at all. Put some good fans in a side mount and yes they do make a significant difference especially with video cards and motherboard heatsinks.
The thermalright SI128 is a better choice on many motherboards due to it's orientation where a fan will blow downward onto the motherboard and surrounding chipsets without the hastle of a heatsink thats too dam tall like the ultra 120 model and those oriented vertically instead of horizontally.

Silverstone TJ09/10 or even the 07, which has great cooling for the HDD's and cpu, but not for the videocards, this can be easily fixed though.

Hoe can the tj07 be fixed so it will cool the GPU even better ?

the coolermaster stacker 839 is 249 and there is no 70 dollar case that can make the statement of this case, four side fans can be mounted on it's side bracket, one top fan, one to three front fans, one rear fan. ALUMINUM, large enough for everything and NO there are no70 dollar cases that can cool like the stacker 830 case can sorry but there are some cases out there that are worth the expense and will last through several builds and upgrades.

More fans doesn't always equal better cooling. You reach a point of diminishing returns very quickly where another fan isn't going to help. There are $70 cases with 2 side panel fans, and one more blowhole than the Stacker 830, giving the Stacker 830 only one more fan slot. It could also be easily argued that a blowhole (top) fan is more effective than a sidepanel fan, due to the hottest air tending to rise to the top of the case. Plus with many tall heatsinks you have to leave the top left fan slot unpopulated, or, in some cases, remove the side panel fan mounts altogether.

So, yes, I'll put a $70 590 or 690 up against the Stacker 830 any day of the week. There are plenty of reasons to buy a Stacker and it is an awesome case, but an extra fan slot isn't one of them.

Back