Best Canals for Around $100

MC FLMJIG

Supreme [H]ardness
Might be tough to get answers here but it's worth a try. :)

I have Senny HD555's but too big to be walking around and looking dorky. (Great for music and gaming) Can't have that. Plus commuting is noisy so that is also a no go.

I've been looking at some canal, IEM's, like the Shure E2g but they are tough to find. Shure also has the E2c-n but not sure if it is the same thing as the reg E2c. They also have a model that seems like it will replace it = Shure SE110.

I have also seen, on the forum below, another IEM that has caught my interest. Anyone have any opinions? As you can see not really looking to spend much over $100.

url]http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/review-18-iem-reviewed-compared-final-update-nov-2-08-a-335851/[/url]

Thanks

I know it's tough getting both but I prefer clarity and detail. Bass is nice but I prefer clarity.

I took other peoples recommendation on the harx700s that were talked about. I couldn't stand them - the mids were just too crapy and made me sick (even after doing a burn in which I really don't believe in normally, but I wanted to give them a shot). Got rid of them. I have some old jvcs IEMs that i think sound amazing. Also, i have the soundmagic PL30s which are quite decent. In my opinion they sound much better than the HARX cans, closer to my speakers by far. These are much lower than the $100 price point you are looking for but i also believe that peoples inner ears are different so some respond to certain IEMs differently. So, take recommendations as just that since your opinion of them may differ.

If you want good sound straight up without modding, the ER6i is a reliable IEM. There's a small minority that doesn't like that specific sound signature, but the ER6i is generally well-liked.

EDIT: I didn't realize the Nuforce 8 was out. Those might be your best bet.

The ER6i do sound great, but if you plan on moving at all while wearing them, forget it! The cables are extremely noisy and pick up on anything rubbing up against them. I only used them while I was studying so that wasn't a huge deal for me, but still annoying.

+1 for Shure E2C... had them for 2 years now...amazing sound.

I was hoping it would be easier to decide but now it has become even tougher with the new recos :p

I thought I was close and just needed a push but now...:eek:

Thanks to all for the input... keep em coming!!! So I have 3-4 that are decent. The only thing keeping me back on the E2 is that they are kinda old now...

Thanks to all for the input... keep em coming!!! So I have 3-4 that are decent. The only thing keeping me back on the E2 is that they are kinda old now...

Who cares if they are old? You should be worried about performance and they are by far the best bang-for-the-buck right now, as the can be had for around $50-60.

I have a pair of Denon AH-C700. They sound great unamped and they have a "magic" cable that doesn't get tangled (it seems like a small feature, but it's great not having to undo knots every time I pull my iPod out).

$104.99 at Amazon (marked down from $200, though I don't think you'd really find anyone selling for that price anyways). The sound is very balanced and they have great bass that isn't overpowering.
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AHC751K...2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1229334999&sr=8-2

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've been using a pair of e2c's for awhile now for everything from running to in-ear monitors while performing, they are great.

However, the cable above both ears began to tear, so I just sent them in for warranty last week *hoping shure sends me a new pair*. Can't live without 'em. (How did I ever just use I-Pod Earbuds??!!?)

However, the cable above both ears began to tear, so I just sent them in for warranty last week *hoping shure sends me a new pair*. Can't live without 'em. (How did I ever just use I-Pod Earbuds??!!?)

They'll send you SE110's since thats the E2c's replacement.

Nuforce NE-8

I am telling you. This one is a steal for the money. I am getting mine asap for workout duty.

+1 Denon C700/750/751. For $100, there's nothing better.
+1 Etymotic ER6i. Talk about analytical and detailed.
+1 Westone 1. Nuff said.

-583745823740234 shure anything below se310. Especially the E2 and E4. They flat out blow chunks.

+1 Denon C700/750/751. For $100, there's nothing better.
+1 Etymotic ER6i. Talk about analytical and detailed.
+1 Westone 1. Nuff said.

-583745823740234 shure anything below se310. Especially the E2 and E4. They flat out blow chunks.

:eek::p

Thanks guys... getting even tougher. Now I'm even more in a dilema. Tis good though.

Back