Best camera phone 200-400 EUR?

almalino

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi, I am looking for a camera phone for my mother and here is a list I came up with withing the price category. Ordered in camera quality from top (best) to bottom. Do you have any other good suggestions and do you think the order is correct?

OnePlus 7
Note 9
Samsung S9+
Samsung A71

A71 is at the bottom because it has no optical stabilizaiton for video.

In terms of sheer camera quality, I'd put the Note 9 and S9+ above the OnePlus 7. However, the OP7 may be a better deal overall due to perceived performance and better OS update support (it's both a newer device and likely to get updates faster).

I had a S9... and I will not recommend it or any Samsung phones until I hear that Samsung TouchWiz or whatever it’s current rebranded incarnation isn’t going choke doing simple stuff like answering a phone call for at least 2 years. Unfortunately, I’ve seen evidence that the s10 still sucked at that. So no.

I had a S9... and I will not recommend it or any Samsung phones until I hear that Samsung TouchWiz or whatever it’s current rebranded incarnation isn’t going choke doing simple stuff like answering a phone call for at least 2 years. Unfortunately, I’ve seen evidence that the s10 still sucked at that. So no.

That is not a showstopper as I can install any phone call app I want on that phone.

In terms of sheer camera quality, I'd put the Note 9 and S9+ above the OnePlus 7. However, the OP7 may be a better deal overall due to perceived performance and better OS update support (it's both a newer device and likely to get updates faster).

This is my plan now to buy Note 9 or S9+ whatever will be cheaper. Though Note 9 has a preference for me now.

I had a caller id phone app and that choked on the S9. Uninstalled it and it still choked. Pretty sure it’s touchwiz not prioritizing the phone app ahead of whatever bullshit it wants to run in the background.

I had a caller id phone app and that choked on the S9. Uninstalled it and it still choked. Pretty sure it’s touchwiz not prioritizing the phone app ahead of whatever bullshit it wants to run in the background.

It is unlucky :( Mine S9+ and Note 9 and then S10 work just fine with 3rd party callers.

I've used a bunch of Samsung Note phones (using a Note10 plus right now) and never had a problem. Of course I don't run any crazy 3rd party dialer / redundant apps either so that might have something to do with that.

Back