Best Buy Will No Longer Be Selling Doom 3 Until August 3rd!!

Raines8416

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys, just wanna give everyone a heads up that all besbuys that were selling doom 3 today have gotten word from corporate to pull them from the shelves IMMEDIATLY. The whole situtation was that there was no official street date on Doom 3 in the best buy computer systems. Some store workers already knew the date, and refused to sell it, others just put it on the shelfs since the computer showed no date. Official street date was sent to best buys nationwide earlier today, of August 3rd. All bestbuys who released the game today were forced to remove them from shelfs and are supposedly in some trouble with area managment.

Just a quick heads up that most likely all best buys that were selling it today, will not be selling it tommarow, or any date before the 3rd.

"The stores that sold it are in HUGE trouble with the regional managers." That coming from my friend who is a store manager at the BB near me.

My Best Buy didn't even get them in. I called, then went and bugged them, and they still had the pre-orders on the shelf.

NotChunks said:
"The stores that sold it are in HUGE trouble with the regional managers." That coming from my friend who is a store manager at the BB near me.

Are they in some mess with NDA

Raines8416 said:
Hey guys, just wanna give everyone a heads up that all besbuys that were selling doom 3 today have gotten word from corporate to pull them from the shelves IMMEDIATLY. The whole situtation was that there was no official street date on Doom 3 in the best buy computer systems. Some store workers already knew the date, and refused to sell it, others just put it on the shelfs since the computer showed no date. Official street date was sent to best buys nationwide earlier today, of August 3rd. All bestbuys who released the game today were forced to remove them from shelfs and are supposedly in some trouble with area managment.

Just a quick heads up that most likely all best buys that were selling it today, will not be selling it tommarow, or any date before the 3rd.

I guess there are some lucky ones who get to play DOOM3 at earlier time.
Just too bad for us gotta wait till' Aug 3rd.
Life aint' fare !!! :mad:

Hah, dont feel too bad, Ive just now gotten to LvL 3. I just havent had time at all to play it today, and I started playing it an hour ago, but god damn it freaked me out so many times already i have to take a break!

Raines8416 said:
Hah, dont feel too bad, Ive just now gotten to LvL 3. I just havent had time at all to play it today, and I started playing it an hour ago, but god damn it freaked me out so many times already i have to take a break!

So 1 level lasts like 30 minutes ? What if you were in God mode but took the time to kill everything how fast ? :)

you absolutly MUST take your time in this game. i did play for about 20 mins ealier today, and i tried to rush through it and got my ass handed to me on a bloddy platter. you MUST, conserver ammo, reload after every firefight, aim carefully, use appropriate weapon for baddy (ie pistol for non weaponed zombies, close range shotgun to imps) use flashlight frequently, and asses a room before running into it. if something looks suspicious or too easy, it is most likely crawing with demons. the biggest freakout i had was as soon as i opened this door and imp just hurled itself at me and knocked me back about 20 feet and blurred my screen. another bad one was when i went to grab an item, looked to easy, and the floor collapsed and dropped me in with 4 zombies.

hah if you were in god mode, well and had an ammo cheat, you could prob just fly through it. else, you really HAVE to BE CAREFUL!

Raines8416 said:
you absolutly MUST take your time in this game. i did play for about 20 mins ealier today, and i tried to rush through it and got my ass handed to me on a bloddy platter. you MUST, conserver ammo, reload after every firefight, aim carefully, use appropriate weapon for baddy (ie pistol for non weaponed zombies, close range shotgun to imps) use flashlight frequently, and asses a room before running into it. if something looks suspicious or too easy, it is most likely crawing with demons. the biggest freakout i had was as soon as i opened this door and imp just hurled itself at me and knocked me back about 20 feet and blurred my screen. another bad one was when i went to grab an item, looked to easy, and the floor collapsed and dropped me in with 4 zombies.

hah if you were in god mode, well and had an ammo cheat, you could prob just fly through it. else, you really HAVE to BE CAREFUL!

But is it as scary as we hope?

that's okay. if you've pre-ordered at gamestop or EB games you get it at 7pm on monday... around the DFW area anyways... :)

Man I really hope the EB Games I live by doesn't hear that its not supposed to be released until the 3rd. I reserved a copy, and I talked with the guys working there today and they were like "yeah its coming in on Monday for us and as soon as its here we will call you up and let you know"

Anyone know of any place in Atlanta that will have it Tuesday? I read all the sunday ads and most say the fuggin 4th for godsakes...and Circuit City has it for $44.99.....but on the 6th!@@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!

Back