Best Buy trade in laptop for $50GC and $100 pixelbook coupon

yadnom

Limp Gawd
It looks like this has been running for a few weeks already and is about to end soon (5/5) but I just recently came across it. I traded in a total of 3 circa 07 - 08 laptops and was able to get some Best Buy gift cards for laptops that would otherwise just have collected dust.

https://tradein.bestbuy.com/client/#/Current-Promotions/

I used the trade-in a few years ago as well when they were offering $75. Usually for their trade-ins, the laptop has to be running and battery has to hold a charge. They'll usually power it on and visually check the laptop externally as well. Run through their trade-in estimator and see what you get, then try at the store. It's usually less then 10 minutes and takes longer for them to get info into system and print receipt then to check the laptop. At least that's been my experience.

Sorry if this isn't in the right spot. I'm sure there are others here who have old laptops sitting around as well. Just thought I'd share if people wanted some easy BB money.

It looks like this has been running for a few weeks already and is about to end soon (5/5) but I just recently came across it. I traded in a total of 3 circa 07 - 08 laptops and was able to get some Best Buy gift cards for laptops that would otherwise just have collected dust.

https://tradein.bestbuy.com/client/#/Current-Promotions/

I used the trade-in a few years ago as well when they were offering $75. Usually for their trade-ins, the laptop has to be running and battery has to hold a charge. They'll usually power it on and visually check the laptop externally as well. Run through their trade-in estimator and see what you get, then try at the store. It's usually less then 10 minutes and takes longer for them to get info into system and print receipt then to check the laptop. At least that's been my experience.

Sorry if this isn't in the right spot. I'm sure there are others here who have old laptops sitting around as well. Just thought I'd share if people wanted some easy BB money.

Battery has to work?? How about it works with the power cord plugged in?

Prob not worth it if I need to buy a battery for it.

Hmm, how about a laptop with a working battery but with some dead keys?

Often you can get away with dead batteries.

I haven't had any issues of trading in with dead batteries. Got denied once because I didn't have a battery but another Bestbuy did the trade-in for me without trouble.

I have a really old laptop but getting $50 or no dollars for it doesn't seem like it's worth trying to trade it in. I don't care about getting a new phone and $50 bucks doesn't seem like that much of a benefit for me. Even if the laptop is doorstop. However, I may just put Linux on it just for kicks. I was hoping it might work as a PlexServer but the processor is so weak. Passmark is 2006. That's bare minimum.

I have a really old laptop but getting $50 or no dollars for it doesn't seem like it's worth trying to trade it in. I don't care about getting a new phone and $50 bucks doesn't seem like that much of a benefit for me. Even if the laptop is doorstop. However, I may just put Linux on it just for kicks. I was hoping it might work as a PlexServer but the processor is so weak. Passmark is 2006. That's bare minimum.
Pixel book not the phone. So you getting $100 trading a door stop for a door stop.

I still got a 486 laptop, ! And a Amstrad PPC640, granted this is on loan to a university museum.

Will give this a try; I attempted this same deal last year and basically got told no for a laptop that worked under its own power. Guy treated me like I was a hobo trying to get drug money, I was pretty insulted.

Often you can get away with dead batteries.

I haven't had any issues of trading in with dead batteries. Got denied once because I didn't have a battery but another Bestbuy did the trade-in for me without trouble.

Yeah. It's very dependent on the rep you get. I've done it a few times when they've run similar promos. Some check the laptops but they have never been very thorough checks. More of just to make sure it powers on and boots into OS without issues and no major damage. I've had instances where they don't even bother to open it to turn it on.

Now I have some BB money and nothing to spend it on. Lol. At least not yet.

Back