Best Buy PNY gtx260 on clearance $137 YMMV

Kaos_Drem

Gawd
As the thread suggests, I was in BB yesterday and saw the PNY GTX260 for $137 clearance. There were 2 of the left in my store, but ymmv.

Model: VCGGTX260CXPB

Good luck.

Thx. Going to check the local BB when it opens this morning.

Good luck man, the gtx260 is still a very powerful and stable card and for this kind of money there isn't anything out there that beats it.

I just grabbed one in south Florida. Why do I spend all my money? I don't even need this, I just love a good deal. My girlfriend will love all the time I spend in front of the computer now /sarcasm

Saw 1 left at one of the best buys near me. but it was 141.99
no indication that it was on sale or clearance or anything. And it is
not on the website at all. weird.

Saw 1 left at one of the best buys near me. but it was 141.99
no indication that it was on sale or clearance or anything. And it is
not on the website at all. weird.

Alot of BB's clearances are YMMV...

One will have it and the rest won't or sometimes a bunch will and other's won't.

I think it's actually more up to the store when to clearance and item then anything else.

I have had a PNY XLR GTX260 for about a year and a half now. Absolutely NO issues with it at all. Probably my most reliable graphics card i have ever owned.

I have had 2 260 gtx in sli for a year and it has always run neck in neck if not beat the 295 in benchmarks - I got lucky and got then both for 400 at the time so getting two for 260-280 would be a sweet deal. Sure no dx11 but pumps more than enough pixels to power my dual monitor setup.

i bought one of these about 2 weeks ago on clearance for like $150.. may go back and get my difference back!

Hi thanks for the head's up, there's a BB right near work for me.

Do you happen to know if that card has the 216 processor cores? I tried googling that sku and this thread was the only hit i got.

The ones on newegg (both the 216 core version and the 192 core version) both had different skus than the one you stated, but I'm thinking that maybe the 'ocx' at the end of the sku is maybe some kind of factory overclocked version, so I'm holding out hope that it might still be the 216 core version.

All that said; if it isn't the 216 core version, could I still SLI this with my EVGA 260 GTX with 216 cores?

Mine is the non-superclocked version: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130434

For $140 and instant gratification, I'd pick this up on my way home tonight. I have a $25 BB gift card that would sweeten the deal even further.

hey nicknations bought one two weeks ago for 150 as well, took in my receipt, they put the 7 bucks difference back on my credit card no problem. Of course then I bought another one because I like to see my bank account cry.
Of note if you combine with the moving coupon http://www.mommysavesbig.com/printable-coupons/best-buy-moving.pdf
it takes an extra 10% off which made this too hard to pass up for me. $137 out the door, my store is 143.99 for these

For 1920x1080, I couldn't see getting a 470 or 5850 so I picked one of these up tonight. They had 1 left at $137.xx in a San Antonio store.

Unfortunately, the BB in my neck of the woods decided that $161 (from $229) was enough of a clearance price for this card. I had to pass.

Dedi. PhysX card:D

I was laughing in Batman AA when I turned PhysX to high and it said it recommends a dedicated GTX260. This deal should work nicely!

I just went to the harborplace Best Buy in Baltimore, MD. They didn't have the 260 in stock, but it showed that the Gaithersburg and Germantown locations had the 260 on sale for 137.99. Each one had 2.

absolutely. A HUGE improvement unless you are still playing at 1680x1050 and below. Then, just a reasonably big improvement in demanding games like Crysis, Metro, etc.

They also had a VisionTek 5770 on "clearance" for $169.99 at the Southpark San Antonio store.

My local store in Oklahoma City had these for sale for $160. I'm in the market for a new card but it's still not low enough if you ask me.

Sorry to revive a dieing thread, but just picked one up for $137.......funny thing is another Best Buy in the area had it for $183....i Lol'd and just went to the other one........

is it even worth upgrading from 8800gts512mb g92

I sure hope so since that's what I upgraded from.
Figured going from 128 core to 216 must be a significant jump.
Ended up buying it for 141.99, tried to sneak in a 10% coupon but that
checkout girl with raccoon eyes and hoop earrings was too sharp for that,
and by girl I mean cash register, without which I don't think any of us would
ever get correct change.

I sure hope so since that's what I upgraded from.
Figured going from 128 core to 216 must be a significant jump.
Ended up buying it for 141.99, tried to sneak in a 10% coupon but that
checkout girl with raccoon eyes and hoop earrings was too sharp for that,
and by girl I mean cash register, without which I don't think any of us would
ever get correct change.

laff
true, but yet I holded off and went 470 instead.

Back