Best Buy Outlet

Unabomber

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone ever use them on eBay? If so, have there been any stinkers from them?

I bought one of their used Insignia (rebadged Samsung) Blu Ray players for $40, shipped, using their eBay shop, and hope that I'm not entering hostile territory here...

just stuff people have returned.... unfortunately you have to trust geeksquad as to whether it actually works.

I got a PS3 through them for $120 and has worked perfectly for almost two years now. Like Verge said though, you're relying on luck of the draw.

I.E.
THE PRODUCTS AVAILABLE OR SOLD TO YOU THROUGH THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED BY DEALTREE ON AN “AS IS” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING BY DEALTREE.

Most items get a small functionality check, but are rarely thoroughly checked from what I've seen.

i got my elite screen VMAX2 100" 16:9 from them and I got it for $150 shipped :D

it was brand new, still in the OEM packaging... not even the batteries were installed in the remotes.

just stuff people have returned.... unfortunately you have to trust geeksquad as to whether it actually works.

Not sure why you think that. People return stuff, or it comes back from service unrepairable/outside of warranty/abandoned by customer. It gets boxed up and shipped off to Dealtree. Has nothing to do with geeksquad. This is my tally so far:

Gateway laptop - retail $849, purchased for $450
Alpine car stereo - retail $299, purchased for $35 (plus another $15 for the harness)
Apple Airport extreme - retail $150?, purchased for $52
Netgear gigE switch - retail $???, purchased for $2

No problems yet :)

Not sure why you think that. People return stuff, or it comes back from service unrepairable/outside of warranty/abandoned by customer. It gets boxed up and shipped off to Dealtree. Has nothing to do with geeksquad. This is my tally so far:

Gateway laptop - retail $849, purchased for $450
Alpine car stereo - retail $299, purchased for $35 (plus another $15 for the harness)
Apple Airport extreme - retail $150?, purchased for $52
Netgear gigE switch - retail $???, purchased for $2

No problems yet :)

Abandoned by customer units are to be destroyed, sorry, this is SOP. If i was employed i would find it for you.

Geeksquad should inspect all returns, this is SOP as well. I'm not saying the stuff is broken, I'm just saying geeksquad idiots in store test a lot of this equipment, or the idiots at geeksquad city or whatever it's called.

You might have better luck with the DEVO stuff, i know there were wholesalers that bought that crap and were putting it on ebay when i was employed(2005 or so). If stuff still hasn't changed, we devo-ed working stuff all the time to just get rid of customers... i'm sure there were tons of deals to be had from our store.

The Blu Ray player arrived yesterday.

At first, I thought I was going to be SOL, since the cardboard box in which it was packed, had several indentations on it. Nevertheless, I opened it up, and...

... got a perfectly functional Insignia Blu Ray player that looked like it hadn't even been used before. Also, a remote (batteries included), cables, and the full instruction manual.

The unit upscales standard DVD's as well as any out there, and the Blu Ray disc playback, as far as I can tell, is as good as the Sony models I've used as a comparison.

Not too shabby of a deal at all, especially for 40 bucks (shipped).

can someone link to their store?

http://myworld.ebay.com/best_buy_outlet

Back