Best Buy: Minimum $100 trade in for Xbox 360 and PS3

I took a stack of old & a few last years games and got $127 for those

I took two banned xbox360's, she plugged in the power and video cables but not to a tv and checked if the ring of light came on, and checked if the disc drive ejected and contracted back. They wanted the hard drive, cables, and a controller.

And took in a banned ps3, all she checked was if it turned on and a disc went in the drive and came out.

Didn't check any warranty stickers or anything.

$427 for everything

I took a stack of old & a few last years games and got $127 for those

I took two banned xbox360's, she plugged in the power and video cables but not to a tv and checked if the ring of light came on, and checked if the disc drive ejected and contracted back. They wanted the hard drive, cables, and a controller.

And took in a banned ps3, all she checked was if it turned on and a disc went in the drive and came out.

Didn't check any warranty stickers or anything.

$427 for everything

Nice. I have an XBOX 360 that I've been paying $10 a month for for the past year that I've probably only turned on <10 times. Trying to decide whether I should go the XBOX One or PS4 route.

the hdd is not required in norcal they matched it to the 20gb system in their computer. They guy didnt even know where the warranty sticker was

I took my 360 in along with the original box and the girl barely even opened it to make sure everything was there. She just glanced at it to check for a controller and didn't plug in the xbox to test it. Also my store gave the 100% trade-in game bonus :)

I had to laugh, the girl said that normally I would have only gotten $10 for the system. Good thing for the deal!

So I have a PS3 320GB Slim, GTA V and Gran Turismo 5 I plan on bringing in.

However, I don't have the case to Gran Turismo 5, will they still take that?

So I have a PS3 320GB Slim, GTA V and Gran Turismo 5 I plan on bringing in.

However, I don't have the case to Gran Turismo 5, will they still take that?

My store didn't have a problem taking bare disks, as long as they find the game in the system. Just got back, traded in my Xbox 360 Pro and ~25 games for alot less than I expected. Granted I think the newest game I had there was Resident Evil 5. Also, they are not taking original Xbox games in trade.

My store didn't have a problem taking bare disks, as long as they find the game in the system. Just got back, traded in my Xbox 360 Pro and ~25 games for alot less than I expected. Granted I think the newest game I had there was Resident Evil 5. Also, they are not taking original Xbox games in trade.

How much did ya get?

Debating on trading in my final system, 60GB 360. I already traded in my two 360s since I no longer use Media Center and they were just used for extenders. I never use it and figure worst case I can always buy a slim later.

Damn it all. Turned on my ps3 to eject a disk before I trade in tomorrow. YLOD. What a load of crap. Time to see if I get lucky.

looks like this deal is getting us some great value for old (sometimes brokes :p ) systems. Thanks Best Buy :)

I wanna trade in my Xbox. Everything works in it but the damn cd drive gets stuck Sometimes, won't eject and you have to play with it. I am wondering if they will accept it still?

i'm thinking of this.

the sad thing is i want to keep my 360 just to put it on one hdmi, then flick back and forth the same game on xbone so i can carefully analyze the graphical differences. probably i will keep it mostly for that reason (i'm not really a huge gamer anymore anyway, more interested in the tech/business side really).

heh, weird reason to keep a console i know.

i have like 15-20 games too, most of them older. wonder how much i could get for everything together...i also have kinect too, still new in box haha never opened it.

one problem is i plan on buying my x1 at target, and only at target, since i get a discount there.

so it would be sort of hard, impossible really, to apply my bb credit towards my x1, which would be probably the normal way i'd want to do this.

also one oddity my hdd is 120gb yet i have a 360 slim, i did this weird hdd transplant when i got my new 360 slim. guess that doesnt matter.

Edit: wow the trade in values are HORRENDOUS. The star of my collection I imagine, Halo 4, fetches $4. Gear and Gears 2, 25 cents each. Wow, just horrific. Even if those values are doubled it's still awful, just awful.

I dunno, at those prices may as well keep the games I imagine.

Edit 2: I added up my values for the games I could find, I'd get 34.50, or $69 doubled.

I have lots of other crap, various Xbox cables, chat pad, I think an extra controller laying around, that Kinect plus some fitness game for it. The old white media remote, an ancient 64MB memory card. Stuff like that.

Doubt they'd give me anything for all that.

It's almost tempting when you think of it being $170. I'm doing car audio stuff right now and could buy a subwoofer or two guilt free with that cash. I'd just buy Amazon gift cards cause BB car audio is typically overpriced.

I'm pretty sure no way though, for example I made a big deal to myself out of collected every single halo game in boxed form. Halo 1, 2, 3, ODST, Wars, Reach, 4, Anniversary, and they're all playable on the 360 through BC. Dont think I could part with that.

Last edited:
traded in system and a game, got $108 gift card. bought wind waker for wii-u and the rest is for mario. 2 free amazing games.

Found another xclamp fixed shitbox in storage and it turns on still lol gotta get rid of that and I was gonna keep my ps3 and gta but I'd rather get it for pc or ps4 when it comes out

Brought my launch XBOX 360 20GB in (perfect condition) with original box, controller, all manuals etc. Received $100.00 BB GC. You'll laugh...I turned around & bought a brand new XBOX 360! I simply have too many games (85+) to give-up on. I'll wait until the Spring & score am XBOX One. I still have my original XBOX as well that's hooked-up to a 42" Plasma down in the basement that I use every now & again.

i had an old launch 20gb xbox 360 i traded in for the $100 promo, got $136 in total after trading in all my old games.

going towards a new video card probably :)

also, called up gamestop to see if they had a similar promotion, but they didnt, most they'd give me for the console is $30, lol

Brought my launch XBOX 360 20GB in (perfect condition) with original box, controller, all manuals etc. Received $100.00 BB GC. You'll laugh...I turned around & bought a brand new XBOX 360! I simply have too many games (85+) to give-up on. I'll wait until the Spring & score am XBOX One. I still have my original XBOX as well that's hooked-up to a 42" Plasma down in the basement that I use every now & again.

I think that's a good choice. Launch systems are a ticking time bomb.

I think that's a good choice. Launch systems are a ticking time bomb.

Mr. Mike: I agree. I learned my lesson with the launch XBOX 360. I had two go bad on me within 9 months. The 3rd was a charm. I bought the XBOX 360 with 4GB for $179.99 & use a 32GB SanDisk Cruzer Blade USB Flash Drive for more memory. I'll wait until the smoke clears on the XBOX One, then take the plunge.

How long is this deal good for? Might go trade my PS3 and 360 in and go for a PS4.

Do they take non stock A/V cables? I lost my original 360 one a long time ago and use one of those multi ones. My 360 is so old there is no HDMI on it.

how do they value the games? I am all lined up for the consoles but unsure of how many of my games I should unload.

how do they value the games? I am all lined up for the consoles but unsure of how many of my games I should unload.

When I was there the guy said they value them based on quantity they have in stock and title. It was a combination of both, but he said they mainly go by quantity. I had an old Burnout game that went for $4 ($8 with the 100% bonus they are offering). Another game I sold was $8, but I forgot which one. meanwhile games that are popular got the least. Halo was worth $.50 to $1 or so.

Will they take HDMI cables instead of the AV cables?

They did for me. Tore my house apart trying to find the AV/Component cable. They never mentioned that they needed it and took an HDMI cable instead. YMMV

I didn't even bring a video cable with my 360 and they took it no problem. I just brought the power cable/brick, the 360, and a controller.

Thinking of taking in my slim PS3 today and just keeping my old 60gb PS3 for the PS2 compatibility. Doesn't look like the slim PS3's are holding their value at all, so it might be best if I just traded it in now.

I asked if I could get amazon gift card and rep told me over phone no, or did she just not mention that I can trade BB gift card for amazon gift card?

Bugger. I have a launch 360 that I haven't touched since getting a PS3 a few years ago. Still works so I figured to take advantage of this. Come to find out that when my brother left for college he took the power cable that went with mine since his power brick was buried behind the cabinet. He has a newer console with a lower wattage brick, and his doesn't fit my launch version. Jeez.

I took another ps3 and half working xbox and got a ps4 game, $50 kindle card and $100 steam wallet card for the winter sale :D

Just got back... took my RROD X360 Arcade & a semi-working 40gb PS3 (fixed the YLOD but screwed up the ribbon cable for the BR in the process) in for trade. Scored $240 with a pile of (15?) old games. Newest was probably Star Wars Unleashed 2. Searching CL for a couple more older X360/PS3s. Might be able to get a X1 or PS4 for half price...

Thinking of taking my launch Elite in, but swapping the 120gb hard drive with the 20gb drive off of my launch Premium. The DVD drive can be noisy at times and would probably cost as much to replace as buying a new model at this point.

Motherfuckers wouldn't take my Elite with a 20gb HDD. I think it's just because my Best Buy is full of s. I mean fuck me for having the 120gb go bad.

I think I'm gonna try the one abit south of me tomorrow, and if that don't work, I'll just get a used 120gb drive from GS and then trade it. I'll still end up about 70 bucks positive.

My BB in Danvers, MA. just looked @ my unit (I had the original box) cables, manuals, controller etc. & never tested it. Gave me $100.00 GC within 5 minutes. Totally painless.

Back