Best Buy in-store FE restock, August 26th.

I camped out for the 3080ti launch. I don't really feel like doing that again. I do have an extra 3080 sitting on the floor here, not sure what to do with it.
So essentially you have just $1,500 sitting on the floor with no care in the world?

So essentially you have just $1,500 sitting on the floor with no care in the world?
pretty much. I got the EVGA notification and just bought it even though I already have a 3080 FTW3, and a 3080ti FE that is sitting idle in my room, so I got 2 cards not doing anything.
Don't feel like mining with them since house is so hot already.

Someone in Discord said there were 0 people at my local BB, so I went there and it turns out he was looking in the wrong spot and there were actually 30+ people already there since this morning. My brother's been trying to get his hands on a 3080 at MSRP so we wasted the drive for nothing. Definitely not camping 18 hours for a 3070 or 3060.

Last time there was nobody in line until 4 PM when about a dozen people showed up, this time they were lining up since 11 AM. Pretty crazy.

That's nice.

I'm not waking my ass up early to stand in line for it though. Maybe 20 years ago...

Most people want a 3080 and then next after that is a 3070. Basically you have to be in the first 35 to 40 people if you want a 3080. There were about 150 people total in line last time and when they ran out of 3080s about a fourth of the people just walked away. They ended up having several 3090 left over and a few 3060 TI and 3070 TI cards.

If Boca Raton, FL is already at 27, Doral and Hialeah is a lost cause. The density in those areas will overwhelm by 7pm. I don't plan to go until 9pm.

Boca, besides having over 100K people on its own, can attract a much bigger crowd than you think by also drawing from northern Broward and all of Palm Beach County. That Best Buy is not too bad of a detour from my drive home this evening so I may give a look to see how far wrapped around the store the line is. During the 3080ti "in store" event, the line in the afternoon was well over 150 people long for far too few cards.

Boca, besides having over 100K people on its own, can attract a much bigger crowd than you think by also drawing from northern Broward and all of Palm Beach County. That Best Buy is not too bad of a detour from my drive home this evening so I may give a look to see how far wrapped around the store the line is. During the 3080ti "in store" event, the line in the afternoon was well over 150 people long for far too few cards.
I'm really shocked at the Boca numbers. Miami numbers are much lower than I thought they would be.
I'll wake up at 2am. If the Miami numbers are still under the amount available, I'm on my way. Those 3090s and 3080Ti's will get passed up on.
For most it's 3070/3080 or go home.

I'm really shocked at the Boca numbers. Miami numbers are much lower than I thought they would be.
I'll wake up at 2am. If the Miami numbers are still under the amount available, I'm on my way. Those 3090s and 3080Ti's will get passed up on.
For most it's 3070/3080 or go home.

Traffic is different when comparing 441 in Boca to 441 in Miami, you very, very rarely need to spend 3+ hours to drive 10 miles. Also, lots of people with money to burn in PBC and lots of people who probably think they can flip a FE card for a decent profit.

Traffic is different when comparing 441 in Boca to 441 in Miami, you very, very rarely need to spend 3+ hours to drive 10 miles. Also, lots of people with money to burn in PBC and lots of people who probably think they can flip a FE card for a decent profit.
Yeah, I agree. I'm in South Broward in a stone throw of BB but no cards.
Lots of money in PB, probably a lot of miners too.

Yeah, I agree. I'm in South Broward in a stone throw of BB but no cards.
Lots of money in PB, probably a lot of miners too.

Other than hobby mining by faux libertarians living in the country club communities or an FAU computer sci/business major, probably not in Boca. Certainly not in the western part of town and even the barely industrial corridor near I-95 would probably attract too much attention from the power draw. Delray Beach is a poor fit as well. Is there enough electricity in all of Greenacres to support mining? I might consider the possibility of real mining happening in Boynton's or Lake Worth's or WPB's or Riveria Beach's low rent areas... but the cops would probably be swarming every week insisting that the mining operation is actually a grow farm. Moreover, at nearly 12 cents per KwH (at least for residential) wouldn't that really cut into mining's profitability?

I went to Best Buy a few hours ago and I totally forgot to look to see if there were people camping out. I got dropped off at the front door, grabbed my stuff, and walked back to the car.
I didn't notice anyone camping out.

Pulled into the Boca Best Buy's shopping plaza just before 9pm on the way home and the line was wrapped around two sides of the store, with probably in the neighborhood of 100 people waiting.

I'm going camping, with no internet, to bad for meeeee... at least I'll have ac, lol.

Pulled into the Boca Best Buy's shopping plaza just before 9pm on the way home and the line was wrapped around two sides of the store, with probably in the neighborhood of 100 people waiting.
They are up to 200 in line, with only 120 cards.
Miami lines are now over 100 with less than 75 high-end cards per store. Just can't see myself leaving with anything less than a 3080.

Last edited:
Well there's no way I'm getting a 3080 as I just checked with everybody and every person except for one in front of me wants the 3080. I am 38 in line and there's only going to be 31 3080 cards here.

If anyone lands a 3090 and wants a 3080 instead to save some cash, PM me. I have a new EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming card on the way next week that I would like to trade for a 3090 FE.

If anyone lands a 3090 and wants a 3080 instead to save some cash, PM me. I have a new EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming card on the way next week that I would like to trade for a 3090 FE.
I will certainly think about it as that is one of the 3080 models that I've had in my EVGA queue for a long long time.

Nope nope nope. This was at my local bb this morning

3B44836D-569E-4FFE-8B55-1BA95BE38F93.jpeg

That's... not many people. You could probably get anything other than a 3080 or 3070 in that line.

Where im at, 44 3080s (the only card im interested in) but its a University town. No way in hell is my old ass camping out in front of bb (couple miles away) for a day or two to beat the kids in line. I have a hard enough time getting out of my OWN bed in the morning 😂

Where im at, 44 3080s (the only card im interested in) but its a University town. No way in hell is my old ass camping out in front of bb (couple miles away) for a day or two to beat the kids in line. I have a hard enough time getting out of my OWN bed in the morning 😂
My store is in a college town, 32 3080's, they were all reserved by 2 PM. Imagine being number 33 in that line.
My brother and I were 35 and 36, we left.

My store is in a college town, 32 3080's, they were all reserved by 2 PM. Imagine being number 33 in that line.
My brother and I were 35 and 36, we left.
The awful part is they all probably sat in line all night to be one of the 32! Look on the bright side, at least you two have productive lives to go back to! Im sure most of the people that camped out are spending every dime they have so they can ebay their 3080 and make some spending money.

The awful part is they all probably sat in line all night to be one of the 32! Look on the bright side, at least you two have productive lives to go back to! Im sure most of the people that camped out are spending every dime they have so they can ebay their 3080 and make some spending money.
Yeah forget camping out for that, not worth it. And I bet you're right and we see a ton of FEs go up for sale on ebay today.

There's a huge time gap between when the 3080 sells out and when the other cards sell out, since the demand is more evenly dispersed. The 3080's will all get reserved very early on since they are the most in-demand by far. After that, you could show up like 12 hours later and still get any card. But if you get there too early you end up waiting those extra 12 hours for nothing, so why bother. Just show up 12 hours later for the same result. We took a gamble and showed up way early for a shot at a 3080 and failed, otherwise I would've waited to go until midnight or so and maybe grabbed a 3060 Ti or 3070 for him.

Also interesting guy paid people to wait for him in Texas:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/pc0xe7/1_per_person/

Yeah forget camping out for that, not worth it. And I bet you're right and we see a ton of FEs go up for sale on ebay today.
Back in July, 3060 Ti FE's were selling for $1200 on Ebay... 2 or 3 days after July 20th restock they bottomed out at $700. From then until now they slowly rose back to $1400-$1500!

As of this morning they are down to $900-$1000 already. Probably $700 EoD, again.

Already happening, prices are down to 2300 for new 3090 fe ones...so they are probably making 300-400 for a night or two of camping out, worth it if you're hurting I guess?

Back in July, 3060 Ti FE's were selling for $1200 on Ebay... 2 or 3 days after July 20th restock they bottomed out at $700. From then until now they slowly rose back to $1400-$1500!

As of this morning they are down to $900-$1000 already. Probably $700 EoD, again.
That's just crazy. Why in the hell would anyone pay that much for such a cheap card? I don't get it.

In regards to the dude paying people...haha. I actually considered trying to get my son in law to camp out for me. I just couldn't bring myself to try and bribe him.

Back