Best Buy in-store FE restock, August 26th.

I'm going to try again for the 3080 but the problem is there's way too many people that want that card for the number they have available. I'm not desperate enough to stand in that line for 12 hours or more like some people did. They had a butt ton of 3070 and 3090 cards last month when they did this. They actually ended up with more cards than they had people which was surprising. If I can't get a 3080 then I'll at least walk away with something and who knows I may get crazy and go ahead and get a 3090.

I wonder if it is going to be in the same locations again.
Probably no reason to change from the last two times they've done this. They're avoiding the more dangerous locations for reasons that shouldn't have to be explained.

Probably no reason to change from the last two times they've done this. They're avoiding the more dangerous locations for reasons that shouldn't have to be explained.
No they are not, Modesto CA is a location and none of nicer east bay locales are....

No they are not, Modesto CA is a location and none of nicer east bay locales are....
Well looking through most of the locations it clearly looks like they avoided most of the bigger cities where there is more crime.

There are 115 stores, which is more than last time I think. You can go to the old list and count the stores to compare.

I went to the Gainesville, FL location last time (University of Florida) and all the people who got 3080s were there at 7 PM. Unfortunately the leak this time probably means people will show up sooner.

Oh I didn't know they had the list out now but yeah 115 is more than last time which was only 80 stores I believe.

Do you have a direct link to the list showing the 115 stores?

Here's some more info.
He went to the same store as I did back in July.

Last edited:
Way less cards compared to the last drop. Last time there were multiple stores over 200, every other store was around 150.

Example... Las Vegas says 132 cards, last time it was 220-250.

Last edited:
Here:
bb.jpeg

Oh tomorrow night's going to be a long one. I'm not complaining too much though cuz Best Buy is literally just a few minutes from my house. It's going to be a rough work day Thursday though going on essentially no sleep and taking the day off is not an option because we are swamped with all the covid testing.

the store list says "Merrilville IN"...that is the same as Gary and Southside Chicago...all turd receptacals...steer clear

the store list says "Merrilville IN"...that is the same as Gary and Southside Chicago...all turd receptacals...steer clear
Actually lived in that area a while, Merrilville is a completely different kind of town than Gary, nuf said.

Were these on the previous Best Buy locations list back when it was just 80 stores?

Damn, if I didn't have to use money to buy a damn car (RIP old car) I could have actually gotten one this time. =(

People are lining up already? Crazy. The heat here in FL and CA is insane.
They were lined up at the LA store since the 23rd, right after the leaks came out.
One store in Georgia had 10 people last night, someone posted pics in one of the stock Discords I'm following.

Most stores are close to 0 though.

They were lined up at the LA store since the 23rd, right after the leaks came out.
One store in Georgia had 10 people last night, someone posted pics in one of the stock Discords I'm following.

Most stores are close to 0 though.
The store on my list is reporting half of what the tracker listed. If this continues then I'm going to stay home. No way will I endure the Florida heat from 5pm to 8am to get a leftover 3060. Yes, it's hot at night here.

I found a guy in Discord on his way to Gainesville so I'm waiting for him to report. Also watching St. Pete, Clearwater shows 30 people on the 2nd list.

I found a guy in Discord on his way to Gainesville so I'm waiting for him to report. Also watching St. Pete, Clearwater shows 30 people on the 2nd list.
If Boca Raton, FL is already at 27, Doral and Hialeah is a lost cause. The density in those areas will overwhelm by 7pm. I don't plan to go until 9pm.

Luckily where I live there's not a huge amount of people that would show up that early. In fact on the last drop I got there at 4:00 a.m. and the only card that got sold out before they got to me was the 3080. I think I was number 60 something in line. I am going to go a lot earlier tonight though because I really want the 3080.

I'm not camping out for a GPU I'll just continue to complain :/
I camped out for the 3080ti launch. I don't really feel like doing that again. I do have an extra 3080 sitting on the floor here, not sure what to do with it.

Back