Best Buy has the 3080Ti FE on clearance for $719

I saw an Asus 4070 ti for 799, I think that is a worthy $80 upgrade over the 3080 ti fe

Windows 10 is everything W7 has to offer and more. Windows 11 sucks though.

No, not everything. For example, the smaller installation size. My C drive has more usable space on it since I'm using Windows 7 than it would if I was running 10. More usable space is objectively better than less usable space. This is actually one of the main reasons people sometimes upgrade the size of their hard drives.

No, not everything. For example, the smaller installation size. My C drive has more usable space on it since I'm using Windows 7 than it would if I was running 10. More usable space is objectively better than less usable space. This is actually one of the main reasons people sometimes upgrade the size of their hard drives.

I feel this. 7 could get by with minimal install, 20-30g no problem. 10 wants constant updates which fills the drive up. OTOH just got a 2tb NVME for $79 so who cares, right? The fish grows as big as the tank allows...

It is freaking 10gb size difference between 7 and 10 for fuck sakes. That is not a valid excuse given how cheap SSD are now.

Oh no, 10gb more out of my 1tb $45 ssd! How can I ever make up for the disk space?! I know, I'll run an incredibly outdated, worse version of an ancient windows where I'm probably unknowingly part of a bot net and can be easily infected, not run new games, or new video cards such as the Nvidia 4xxx series! /s

I mean it's no different than before, every 2 years or so they pop out another generation of video cards since at least the 900 series. And if you bought the 3090 you basically bought what used to be called the "Titan" video card which was always grossly overpriced compared to the next lowest card. If anything I'd be pissed that the 3090 prices dropped more than $500 (which was like the only Nvidia 30 series card to actually drop in price)

The only difference for me is that this time I’m selling my 4090 2-4 weeks prior to 5000 series. I’ve went through a 2080 Ti and 3080 Ti and took a sizable loss between PRE release and a month or so afterwards because afterwards video cards see a gigantic drop from their initial MSRP.

Pre 4000 a 3000 series was selling fairly close to MSRP iirc now they are 600-650 used.

I can throw my old 1070 Ti into my HTPC for a month and just play at 1080/720p or use the PlayStation 5.

The only difference for me is that this time I’m selling my 4090 2-4 weeks prior to 5000 series. I’ve went through a 2080 Ti and 3080 Ti and took a sizable loss between PRE release and a month or so afterwards because afterwards video cards see a gigantic drop from their initial MSRP.

Pre 4000 a 3000 series was selling fairly close to MSRP iirc now they are 600-650 used.

I can throw my old 1070 Ti into my HTPC for a month and just play at 1080/720p or use the PlayStation 5.
You're assuming it will sell that close to new gen launch. Alot of potential buyers especially at that high end, will simply wait for new gen launch instead of buying previous gen, they know will drop in price soon.

You're assuming it will sell that close to new gen launch. Alot of potential buyers especially at that high end, will simply wait for new gen launch instead of buying previous gen, they know will drop in price soon.

The last 2 gens that wasn’t the case a month or two out from what I was seeing.

The last 2 gens that wasn’t the case a month or two out from what I was seeing.
Nope, you're right. I used to sell a month in advance all the time when planning my upgrades and would get a larger chunk back by far compared to waiting for launch to sell. Now I'm back to holding onto old parts but if I sold again I'd follow your pattern.

My budget is so far behind I will just wait until I can sell my 3070 for $150.00 while picking up a 3090TI for $350.00 at least I will feel the difference. Should be right after the 5000 series comes out.
Budget forces me to do this but I try to buy the very best of the old stuff and a top end 3090TI still gives a 4070 non TI a good challenge.

Back