Best Buy has P180's for $80.00 or less now

AndyM

Limp Gawd
Less than $80 if you buy some misc stuff that you might find interesting. Free shipping too. Who'da thunk to buy computer parts from there? I think this is a weekend only sale, through their website only

Wow thanks alot for this heads up. The free shipping on a case of that weight and size was big plus as well. Got one on the way now.

Best Buy amazingly is starting to hop into the performance pc market. Sometimes have killer deals on some high-end antec PSU's and vid cards. They still have weak ram choices though.

For you guys from here that ordered on this sale...a little bit of trivia about our cases. On my box I still had the order shipping label from Antec to the Best Buy Ohio warehouse. This said these were shipped to BB with a to be delivered date of 12-20-06, they ordered 250 in that batch, but some 20 or so were backordered so they only got a partial delivery. At any rate, looks like ours are really fresh if it matters any, but mine came with the VGA duct and non-vented expansion slot covers unlike what Silent PC Review says is the latest revision. Hmmm. Not that it matters to me any. Nice big chunk of plastic, steel and aluminum sheet for dirt cheap. Tommorrow the guts for it will show up :D

I ordered on Monday and opted to pay the whopping $6 for overnight shipping. Shipped Tuesday, and got it yesterday. I love this case, albeit my motherboard layout rather sucks (EPoX, what were you thinking?), so I've ordered some extension cables from SVC. Hopefully I can tidy up the cables a bit more. . .

I went into Best Buy to ask them about this and they didn't have a clue about building PCs (I was talking to the GeekSquad people). I got a 360 game and laughed on the way out.

I wish they had this in store.

I went into Best Buy to ask them about this and they didn't have a clue about building PCs (I was talking to the GeekSquad people). I got a 360 game and laughed on the way out.

Not all best buy people are dumb, my friend works for geek squad and she has hosted many lans and built many machines.

I wish they had this in store.

Not all best buy people are dumb, my friend works for geek squad and she has hosted many lans and built many machines.

Of course..I know a few Geek folks too whom should be getting payed alot more than they do...but some of those folks dont have a clue ??

Best Buy amazingly is starting to hop into the performance pc market. Sometimes have killer deals on some high-end antec PSU's and vid cards. They still have weak ram choices though.

I think "high end antec PSU" is a bit of an oxymoron. Antecs PSU's are good, but all of them are decidedly middle of the road to high-mid. The high end PSU's come from the likes of PCP&C and what not.

Oh bother, said Pooh. I was looking for one of these to go on sale, for my server case. I go and play Fable for 2 days (cause I got it for $9.99 from CC), and they're all gone, none available in stores. SOB! Figures, when I'm not deal hunting, the thing I had been hoping for, is now gone. I should remain ever vigilant in the pursuit of draining my wallet...sheesh.

So did everyone get the version 1 with the VGA duct and the non-reinforced front door?

I have a sneaking suspicion BestBuy got ahold of a bunch of old stock and decided to push it out the door.

I think they are hybrids of a sort, the door is double panel aluminum, but it comes with a vga duct as well. I havent checked the PS mount for extra padding, as UPS goofed my Newegg order for the innerds for this case which was to arrive yesterday but now looks like it will arrive on Monday (at least it doesnt seem lost now, it was hanging around NJ for 2 days this week).

So did everyone get the version 1 with the VGA duct and the non-reinforced front door?

I have a sneaking suspicion BestBuy got ahold of a bunch of old stock and decided to push it out the door.

I ordered mine Nov 29th, Just got it in Friday because it was on backorder for a month.

It does have the VGA duct so I am assuming it is a version 1.

Damn. I hope this case comes back in stock cause I'm looking for another watercooling project. Its too bad these arent available in store.

got mine Friday and it was only 26 bucks with gift cards from Xmas. It does seem to be a hybrid. It has the reinforced door, padding on psu and has the vga duct. I had to ditch the vga duct cuz it didn't fit in anymore after I put in my 1800xt. It idles 5 degrees hoter but loads are 4 degrees cooler...odd? I took out 2 of the 3 TriCools and replaced them with TriCool dbbs(double ball bearing). I have all fans on med speed and it is quieter than my BQE with 2 fans on low. It is a pita to wire manage this beast. 43 pounds loaded :eek: . I think I am gonna put casters on it to save my back.:D

Back