Best Buy GTX 980 Reference card

txsizzler

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi all, was curious about this card. I have an opportunity to snag a slightly used 980 reference card for $300. A few questions..

Does anyone know much about this card? How is the heat with the reference design shroud?

This will be going into the rig in my sig.. should be fine?

What are the overclocking potentials of this card? Any trouble spots?

What are considered the best drivers at the present time? I am assuming NVidia's most current driver?

This is the link to the card in question: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nvidia-...card-silver-black/9855141.p?id=1219441205886&

Thanks in advance for your help!

Who cares what kind of cooling it has? If you can get it for $300, its a no brainer to grab it and install a custom cooler if needed.

who cares why it was returned....it's best buy, if it doesn't work, just return it again

who cares why it was returned....it's best buy, if it doesn't work, just return it again

What this man says. Also it has a cooler similar to a Titan but only a TDP of 175 W (IIRC) so it's decently quiet. At $300 that's a steal. Read the [H] review for that card if you need convincing, the one where they OC it

He is parting out his system, and need cash fast for unexpected bills. I am buying it this morning. He says he never registered the card on the Nvidia website, so I am assuming I can, and retain full warranty? He said he bought the card in February.

Reference design is the best looking IMO. I have 2 in SLI and wouldnt get any other design. Heat wise, if you have good cooling in the case the cards wont go above 78-80. Not very loud either.

Well, I got the card! Bought it from the guy first thing this morning. $300 smackeroos. Anyhow, here are the pics of the card:

txsizzler-216496-albums-other-stuff-pic122792-9801.jpg

txsizzler-216496-albums-other-stuff-pic122793-9802.jpg

txsizzler-216496-albums-other-stuff-pic122794-9803.jpg

Noticed a couple tiny scratches on the top of the shroud, and on the glass in the front. Otherwise, it looks in perfect condition. Will be installing tonight. Oh, and here was the ad for it:

txsizzler-216496-albums-other-stuff-pic122795-nvidiaad.jpg

Back