Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked - Free with PS4 Destiny Bundle

Colonel Sanders

Supreme [H]ardness
Today I went to my local Best Buy to get a PS4 Destiny bundle and TLOU Remastered. When I was checking out I found out they just started a promotion where when you buy the PS4 bundle (possibly other consoles, but I didn't ask) you get a free membership to their "Gamers Club Unlocked" program, which is normally $120. It has a few nice things (see http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club-Unlocked/td-p/723505) but the awesomest part is 20% off all new games for two years. It immediately took off 20% from TLOU and Tomb Raider Definitive at checkout.

I saw someone mention it in the Xbox One bundle deal thread but figured this deserves its own thread.

That's a great deal for someone that is going to buy a PS4 anyways, and doesn't mind frequenting Best Buy.

Any PS4 or X1 purchase gives it to you. They also basically lowered the normal cost of the membership to $60 if you don't get it with a console purchase (by having it "on sale" all the time).

Any PS4 or X1 purchase gives it to you. They also basically lowered the normal cost of the membership to $60 if you don't get it with a console purchase (by having it "on sale" all the time).

Ah OK, I kind of figured it probably applied to either of the new consoles.

In any case, I think the 20% off new games thing is pretty kick ass. It's extremely rare to see 20% off physical copies of any new console game.

Gotta hand it to Best Buy, they've had some pretty awesome promotions lately.

I've had GCU for about 3 months and it's already payed off itself. Really great!

Yeah I got this on Tuesday with my Destiny PS4 pre-order and got $10 off instantly for Last of Us Remastered ($40 new). Was definitely surprised it was free but apparently it was in their flyer for the week. Not sure if it is still good or not now that the week is over, but its a great deal. With the pre-order $10 reward certificate for certain games and the 20% off, you are looking at ~$38 net for a $60 game or $30 net for a $50 game. Definitely a great deal and I'd agree, Best Buy has been finding a lot of great ways to get my business lately between their Elite/Plus member bonuses, Rewards, and now GCU.

Great deal for someone about to get a new PS4 anyways, otherwise it isn't worth it. It cost $120 dollars and they limit you to 3 new games per platform per year. So unless you can buy 10 games over two years split between platforms you may not recoup that amount. For me it doesn't work just because I do not often buy new games (other than on Steam). For trading in console games they are surprisingly great. They usually run a 50% or 100% trade in credit bonus and the Gamer's Club 10% stacks on top of that. For some perspective I traded in Xbox One Battlefield 4, Sniper Elite III, and Forza 5 and received about $120.

On another note, this was only $50 a couple of years ago. BestBuy fail.

Great deal for someone about to get a new PS4 anyways, otherwise it isn't worth it. It cost $120 dollars and they limit you to 3 new games per platform per year. So unless you can buy 10 games over two years split between platforms you may not recoup that amount. For me it doesn't work just because I do not often buy new games (other than on Steam).

On another note, this was only $50 a couple of years ago. BestBuy fail.

That's not true.

You can buy as many games as you want. The 3 limit is of the same game. You can only buy the same game on the same system 3 times. If you want Destiny on system A more then 3 times, you no longer get the 20% on purchase 4+ off unless you get it for system B.
Ive gotten around 20 games in the last 6 months. It also isn't just for newly released games. Anything that isn't used you get 20% off. If its an older game for $20, you get it for $16 and so on.

Its also $60 for the membership 90% of the time now. Its basically a constant "sale".

Back