Status
Not open for further replies.

Modred189

Can't Read the OP
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/dotd-20140819-movies-1

Some classics and good sets on sale. The ones I'm eyeing:
Bourne trilogy for $23
Back to the Future Trilogy $25
Spaceballs, Princess Bride (don't judge me), Terminator, The Usual Suspects, $7ea
And the "Universal 100th Anniversary Collection" for $150
Includes:
All Quiet on the Western Front, American Graffiti, Apollo 13, Back to the Future, The Birds, The Bourne Identity, The Breakfast Club, Buck Privates, Despicable Me, Do the Right Thing, Dracula, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, The Fast and the Furious, Field of Dreams, Jaws, Jurassic Park, Mamma Mia!, Animal House, Out of Africa, Pillow Talk, Scarface, Schindler's List, Spartacus, The Sting, and To Kill a Mockingbird. ~ Perry Seibert, Rovi
That's one hell of a collection for that price.

Free shipping for orders over $35, so will easily match Prime if you buy more than one thing on that list.

Princess Bride is timeless! How can anyone not love that story?

cuz its probably a chix flix

huh.jpg

What's with the cover art? It looks like they were all done by some amateur in a minimalist style.

Confused.

What's with the cover art? It looks like they were all done by some amateur in a minimalist style.

Confused.

I think it might be Best Buy's "classic" covers. They've done this kind of thing before with DVDs and CDs, and back in the day when I worked at Barnes & Noble they did the same with books. Usually, it's because the original publisher lost the rights to the movie, but not to the cover art used on the original disk, so the rights owning company creates a new, semi-generic cover for the new publisher. They kind of remind me of the old iPod commercials and signs, with a colorful background, silhouette person and white earbuds.

Mac-or-PC.jpg

Not everyone here is over 20 years old.

Well, it's not our fault that someone old enough to be perusing the [H] forums hasn't seen this classic movie. You don't have to be 20 to see this either. My 8 year old has seen it.

lol, people calling The Princess Bride a chix flic. Classic children.

Amazing movie!!!

Well, it's not our fault that someone old enough to be perusing the [H] forums hasn't seen this classic movie. You don't have to be 20 to see this either. My 8 year old has seen it.

What I am saying is, newer generations don't keep up with the last. It's normal, not like everyone who's born has a parent that is into these. I only saw the princess bride on AMC as a kid back when I had cable TV because I was a wrestling fan and was like "Oh shit, Andre the giant!". Now with more people cutting cable, there's a higher chance that syndicated TV shows and classic movie plays will be missed by our current generation youth. And kids aren't going to go out of their way to watch movies from the 80s on netflix.

What I am saying is, newer generations don't keep up with the last. It's normal, not like everyone who's born has a parent that is into these. I only saw the princess bride on AMC as a kid back when I had cable TV because I was a wrestling fan and was like "Oh shit, Andre the giant!". Now with more people cutting cable, there's a higher chance that syndicated TV shows and classic movie plays will be missed by our current generation youth. And kids aren't going to go out of their way to watch movies from the 80s on netflix.

But it's the princess bride and it's semi-often referred to on various sites and memes. I know when I find something I'm out of the loop on that every finds hilarious I try to figure out why.

Confused.

They are just removable paper covers. Walmart has the same thing. It's their "retro" style collection with older movies. I was going to completely pass over them due to the art style, until I saw it was just a single, removable paper cover over the real cover.

It is most definitely not a chick flick. Have you seen the damn movie? It's fucking hilarious.

It's hilarious and it's a chick flick. Well done chick flicks are good and this one is very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back