Best Buy Closes All Shops Due To Coronavirus; Delivery & Pickup Only

Funny thing, they’re essential because they offer electronics for people to be able to work from home. They’re paying all their employees supposedly during the quarantine too. Kinda surprising from what ive heard about their normal antics towards employees.

can Best Buy survive a 2+ month shutdown of all stores?...will online sales be enough?...or will Best Buy go the way of Circuit City and CompUSA?

Funny thing, they’re essential because they offer electronics for people to be able to work from home. They’re paying all their employees supposedly during the quarantine too. Kinda surprising from what ive heard about their normal antics towards employees.

When I worked for Best Buy it was actually a fairly decent company to work for (2010-2013ish)

can Best Buy survive a 2+ month shutdown of all stores?...will online sales be enough?...or will Best Buy go the way of Circuit City and CompUSA?
That’s the thing they aren’t shut down the stores are doing contactless pick ups of items. At least the salaried mangers are probably doing that. Not sure about the hourlies.

Jesus.... Why don't we just shut the entire country down and get it over with. Everything is closed, nobody is allowed to leave their homes for 1 month. I mean you know it's coming, might as well just get to it. This way we can wipe out the coronavirus and our economy all in one shot instead of dragging it out over several months.

That’s the thing they aren’t shut down the stores are doing contactless pick ups of items. At least the salaried mangers are probably doing that. Not sure about the hourlies.

but how many people are actually going to choose to do curbside pickup?...with a lot of states under lockdown or at the very least encouraging people to stay home, I don't see a lot of people wanting to go pick something up at Best Buy...why not just have it delivered

but how many people are actually going to choose to do curbside pickup?...with a lot of states under lockdown or at the very least encouraging people to stay home, I don't see a lot of people wanting to go pick something up at Best Buy...why not just have it delivered
Because almost everything is sold out related to work from home items, Amazon is currently prioritizing essential items a lot of things are pushed out past April 10th. If you need it now store pick up is the way.

When I worked for Best Buy it was actually a fairly decent company to work for (2010-2013ish)
It is cool to hate on BBY. I used to work there too in your time period. It was fine and probably still is.
Funny thing is now when I enter, I never get approached by employees. That is what everyone used to complain about (and still does even though that isn't what happens anymore).

I drove by a couple Best Buy's this weekend and saw a handful of cars at each one. More than likely, these vehicles belonged to employees.

Back