Best Buy Closeouts - HDTVs and Misc (YMMV Big Time)

SpeedSlayer

Supreme [H]ardness
There is a thread over at fatwallet.

There are open boxes at discounts of 20-50%, some come with Instant GCs back while others come with instant discounts.

Some guy grabbed a 58X60U Open Box for $3000 with $2000 of GC back.
http://burrough.tripod.com

Alot of people are there bashing him. So I will say this:
THIS IS AN EXTREME YMMV.

For example at my local BB (Tatum & Cactus in Phoenix, AZ):
The thing that stuck out the most:
LG 50PC3D Plasma 50" 720P at $2899 Retail priced down to $1499 after GC and Instant Discount. I believe there was a $275 or $375 GC

There were 42" LCD 720P at $1000 and 37" LCD 720P at $750.

This thread is solely for what you find. Please no bashing because this is YMMV and just because you can't find a good deal doesn't mean its hot.

They had a few 32" Westinghouse's that were really cheap after GC at my local BB.

My GF picked up a 42" samsung plasma for 1250 with a 300 GC. Only 720P tho and no remote :(

oh..i see.. so you guys are saying hta Best buy is just selling random stuff that doesn't have boxes (maybe floor display stuff) at super cheap proces?

jeez took me a while to understand what this thread is about..

There is a thread over at fatwallet.

LG 50PC3D Plasma 50" 720P at $2899 Retail priced down to $1499 after GC and Instant Discount.
This thread is solely for what you find. Please no bashing because this is YMMV and just because you can't find a good deal doesn't mean its hot.

Our best buy had this about a month ago i picked up that very LG set, they were not open boxes just OS, it was outside under tent sales , It was marked $1499 but you can talk the guys out side and they knocked it down to $1299, Also picked up a 24"gateway monitor (open box) was marked down to $450 got if for $400 since i got the tv at the same time. Promptly put it on CL for a profit. Told a friend and he picked up 2 Lg 22" for $500.

Just as a side note i was not to happy with the TV

I did not put it under hot deals as this was a local event and not all bestbuy's had them.

Only deal that I saw as kinda tempting at my local BB, Was a 52" Aqueos 1080P for $3499 with a $1000 GC on top of it.

I strolled this section at my local BB, and there were no 1080p's, so I declined. I've got a nice sony tube now, so no point in investing in an lcd for me unless its 1080p...

Nice that person could of easily sold that give card for $1000 on ebay or something so it would end up being a free TV. Would be a smart investment that's for sure.

You'll wanna have Wikipedia handy for all of the acronyms tossed around here. ;)

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary

Meaning the deal will likely be different for each person.

My BB had one about 2 months ago, got a Westy 42" 1080 for $1050. Not bad deal in my book. Grabbed the extended warranty while I was at it. Tax sux, but so would shipping costs had I needed to RMA one to newegg.

Yeah my BB had a similar event but instead of gift cards they had a bunch of tvs in a corner for 50% off the marked price.
Picked up a 50" Maxent Plasma for $600 OTD Brand New

Other deals that were there (brand new)

32" Panny LCD for $500
23" Samsung LCD (white color) for $350
23" Phillips LCD for $275

60" Toshiba LCD for $1500 (no box)

This still going on? Is it a nationwide thing or just specific locations?

somebody go to the best buy in Manhattan, NY and pm me the deals they are having ;) LOL!!

What do BB, GF, and NY mean? :confused: j/k! (That means "just kidding" to the acronym-challenged.) :p

The last time I went to BB (~2 mos. ago), they didn't have many 1080p HDTVs, and the ones they did have were very overpriced. I'll try to check them out again this weekend and will report back if I see any great deals.

My GF picked up a 42" samsung plasma for 1250 with a 300 GC. Only 720P tho and no remote :(

Plasma has better black levels and overall PQ vs lcdtv's....1080p is not needed for screens under 55"...universal remotes are cheap...GREAT PRICE!

Plasma has better black levels and overall PQ vs lcdtv's....1080p is not needed for screens under 55"...universal remotes are cheap...GREAT PRICE!

1080p is necessary if one wants to use the TV as a computer monitor as well. But if there's 0 chance of that happening, I agree that 1080p is not necessary for small and medium sized TVs (although I would put the threshold at around 47").

The sign was shown at a Best Buy I went to. They had a flyer that had about 4 or 5 TVs on sale ("clearance"). The ones I was interested in were still way overpriced - often $1+ grand more than what you can find elsewhere. :(

0414071529ug4.jpg

maann good thing I don't watch TV anymore. PC is my life :D . so no money to spend :D

Back