Best Buy Clearance Laptops In-Store YMMV

SykoBMW

Gawd
Just a heads up, our stores pricing dropped on some very nice laptops today some more, making them even more of a deal. Check your stores out or give them a call to check pricing. A few I thought would be of interested:

Sony VGN-FW140E/H dropped to ~$600
SKU: 8892996
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...sony&lp=12&type=product&cp=1&id=1211587729137

As well as the new Gateway P-7811FX, which has dropped to ~$750.
SKU: 8892825
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...ay+fx&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=1211587727985

Clearance Prices vary by store stock level and location, so you may or may not have as good of deals, or possibly even better deals. Just wanted to give a heads up as both of those are amazing prices for both of those laptops. Nearly 50% off original price.

I know my store has about 9 in stock at the $600 price, if they sit another week or so it'll probably be Sub-$500 and if that happens, I'll definitely pick at least one up.

WOW, if anyone can get it for that price that is AMAZING!!!
1300 in Dallas though, for now.

Yeah, it's any amazing deal for that gaming laptop. We sold a ton at $1100-1300 before it went clearance, and then it sat at $1014 until today because someone decided to send us all of their store stock, we have ~13-14 at ~$750 right now.

Yeah, it's any amazing deal for that gaming laptop. We sold a ton at $1100-1300 before it went clearance, and then it sat at $1014 until today because someone decided to send us all of their store stock, we have ~13-14 at ~$750 right now.
omg :eek:

i live in va not nc :(

maybe this will start a trend and have more powerful gaming machines for cheaper? If enough people buy it at this price with the current economic situation.

=/ these deals never come to LA,CA
i just checked they are listed ~1400

how does the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD with Intel® Clear Video technology comapre to the NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS graphics with 512MB of GDDR3 discrete video memory?

no comparision, the 9800m MURDERS the 4500 in gaming performance.
No contest

how does the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD with Intel® Clear Video technology comapre to the NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS graphics with 512MB of GDDR3 discrete video memory?

The Sony is NOT a gaming computer. You're comparing 128mb vs. 512. I'd get the Gateway for gaming, as that's what it was meant for.

The Sony is NOT a gaming computer. You're comparing 128mb vs. 512. I'd get the Gateway for gaming, as that's what it was meant for.

I would get it too Sir but when I click on the thread it says its $1,300.....

name 'sony' is already over priced for their specs.
while gateway fx lines are reasonable price..
when the time is right. -_- u can get the laptop for dell studio1520 factory build price.

i bought the FX6860 for ~$540

If I can get that Gateway for that price I'll sell both my laptops to pay for it. lol.

wow... tempted to drive over from Morrisville, NC and pick one up... 1.5 hrs each way though...

I wish I lived in NC to pick up the FX !
Crap, why are these deals never available in LA !!!
SUCKS

The reason for these price drops is that the product we are getting right now was purchased last summer (oopsies) in anticipation. That's how it works in retail. You do market research, project budgets. All the trends were up, especially for laptops. My particular store has been many thousands of dollars short for the last few months on what we were supposed to make revenue wise. And that means there's many thousands of dollars of product we have in stores that we were expected to sell that we haven't sold yet.

Back when we ordered merchandise, like many retailers, we weren't anticipating this big economy scare to happen. People aren't buying things. For the middle class it's actually not as bad as it's being perceived (or purported by the media) but perception is king. That's why this black friday (not just the day, but the whole season) is deal central.

Just look at prices. 4GB of 800MHz DDR2 for $20 after rebate (only 40 w/fs before). 2GB cards for FOUR BUCKS SHIPPED?? Even best buy has slashed prices on sales items. Look at the ad. They have made 18 month interest free financing on anything over $500 a standard, for now at least, to get people to spend more than 20 bux in the store. Sales on cameras and computers at or below cost abound. You get $50 off any all in one printer when you buy it with ANY LAPTOP! Often $50 is more than the profit margin on the laptop and printer combined.

It's tough. You see Circuit City closing 155 stores, CompUSA selling out (earlier), house prices falling, cutbacks everywhere. And the less spending there is, the less money there is in the economy floating around. Look at oil back down to close to $60 a gallon. And it's not price ceilings, it's an overabundance of supply. They started offshore drilling projects, purchased a whole bunch more oil for the U.S. and now the demand is falling as the supply is increasing. Some places in the States it's under $2 a gallon!! Here it's down to $2.30. I haven't seen prices like that in years.

So it's happening to electronics, too. It's hitting all big businesses hard. You'll catch deals like this quite a bit now, as retailers (not just Best Buy either) are going to try to move that old inventory as quickly as possible. I've used that Sony laptop. It's fantastic. Built solid, fast Penryn processor inside, good battery life, gorgeous 1600x900 screen, and the price is good right now.

Thanks, OP!!

That gateway is so tempting at 750. I'm a few hrs away in Southern Pines and real tempted to make the trip. Is it possible to call the store and buy it one over the phone then drive on up to pick it up. Would hate to make the trip and come back empty.

I'm interested in the gateway, but only if there are accelerated graphics drivers for linux. Anyone tried Ubuntu on that box?

maybe you can call and buy it over the phone and have them ship it to a closer BB?

I think you mean barrel. I hope gas price will never get to $60/gallon. :D

holy smokes thats a lot.

what part of the world do you live in????

Ha ha ha... Yes, I meant barrel. Although it is kinda cool to be part of a forum where people actually read what you have to say. :p

That gateway is so tempting at 750. I'm a few hrs away in Southern Pines and real tempted to make the trip. Is it possible to call the store and buy it one over the phone then drive on up to pick it up. Would hate to make the trip and come back empty.

maybe you can call and buy it over the phone and have them ship it to a closer BB?

I don't know about that store, but our store will allow a customer to buy something over the phone with a CC and then come pick it up later. If they'll do that for ya, go for it. Good luck. They're likely to let you do that, but not likely to want to ship it to another store. Let me know how it goes.

omfg i bought the fx at $1250 about 3 weeks ago. what a bunch of crap. :( i can understand hacking a couple hundred off but this is ridiculous. i feel like a 1st gen iphone buyer. :p

Would you be filling to ship that gateway? I'll even through 50 bucks for your trouble.

Just a heads up, our stores pricing dropped on some very nice laptops today some more, making them even more of a deal. Check your stores out or give them a call to check pricing. A few I thought would be of interested:

Sony VGN-FW140E/H dropped to ~$600
SKU: 8892996
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...sony&lp=12&type=product&cp=1&id=1211587729137

As well as the new Gateway P-7811FX, which has dropped to ~$750.
SKU: 8892825
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...ay+fx&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=1211587727985

Clearance Prices vary by store stock level and location, so you may or may not have as good of deals, or possibly even better deals. Just wanted to give a heads up as both of those are amazing prices for both of those laptops. Nearly 50% off original price.
I hate you. My store (984, Hamilton ontario) doesn't have them at all. Damn you damn you damn you. I would buy one ON THE SPOT if I saw one for that price. >_<

I'm seeing $1359 if I do it for in store pickup from the website...should I call the store and see if it would be cheaper?

I dont know of any specific models at my store, but i do know there are a shit-ton of open box laptops that will probably go for decent discounts (i remember an older macbook pro as well as a gateway fx). Its the Woodbridge/Iselin store 456 by the way.

anyone know if any other stores besides Woodbridge/Iselin have this hot deal? any in MI?

Decided to call the Winston Salem store this AM and see if they had any left. The young lady on the phone said they had 1 left, asked her to hold it, she said sure and I headed out the door for the road trip. 200 miles later, I now have in my possession a P7811FX, cannot wait to experiment with it. Cost was 753. Thanks for the tip SkyoBMW.

Back